Reporting to the Medical Advisor/MSL Lead, the Medical Science Liaison (MSL), engages in balanced and objective scientific activities with Health Care Professionals (HCP) to provide guidance and technical assistance in the safe and effective use of our products according to Canadian ethical standards. Ideally, this position is an expert scientific resource in the field of oncology and would be responsible for educating and training physicians on the effective use of our products. As a content expert, the MSL will also develop and maintain effective relationships with current and future key opinion leaders (KOL) to understand changes affecting the therapeutic area in Canada and support the brand objectives.
Develop and maintain a high-quality knowledge of the therapeutic area related to the position, as well as of the competitive landscape. This is achieved by regularly reviewing, sharing and deriving actionable insights from relevant publications, guidelines, treatment protocols, scientific exchanges, new product information and competitor/pipeline activity
Provide high quality scientific communications and presentation of clinical and real-world data on Knight products to healthcare professionals, researchers, government formularies and other 3rd party decision-makers
Attend national/regional medical conferences, advisory boards and other learning activities.
Identify educational gaps and opportunities within physician/patient advocacy groups and associations.
Build and establish strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Work closely with Territory Managers in building awareness and facilitating access to providers.
Liaise with medical information in a timely manner to support the preparation of responses to specific requests.
Adhere to all applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures and ethical practices.
Perform other duties assigned as needed.
Characteristics of a Good Candidate
- Excellent and effective scientific communication skills (i.e., verbal, written, presentations)
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as scientific integrity
- Experienced in therapeutic area
- Good analytical skills with high-level attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and depth
- Demonstrates Initiative / Results-Focused / Overcomes Obstacles
- Highly Self-Motivated / Willing to Learn
- Collaborates and Works Well Within a Dynamic Team Environment
Candidate Profile – Required
- Ph.D, Pharm.D, MD or scientific training considered as equivalent
- 1-2 years of MSL experience required or related pharmaceutical industry experience
- Proficiency with English (both written and oral)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Overnight Travel: 30-50%
- Knowledge of Canadian pharmaceutical industry guidelines, e.g., IMC, PAAB
- Firm understanding of oncology, therapeutic segments and prescribing trends
- Established relationships with key opinion leaders in oncology
Benefits of working at Knight
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- Employee stock option plan
- Employee share purchase plan
- Flexible group insurance plan
- Registered retirement savings plan
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected candidates will be contacted.