Unit Electrical Engineering Ltd. is looking for an experienced Project Manager. We require a positive, team oriented individual with strong verbal and written communication skills. The Project Manager shall be responsible for the direct management of electrical manufacturing projects including supplier, customer and consultant liaison, review of specifications and terms & conditions, document control and participation in engineering and production review of projects.
Preference will be given to an individual, who is a qualified electrical engineer, electrical technologist or journeyman electrician. Previous project management experience or background in industrial electricity setting an asset.
Unit Electrical Engineering Ltd. offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
- · Review and interpret detailed project technical specifications and commercial terms and conditions.
- Prepare Shop Order Requisition form with all pertinent information.
- · Coordinate with Accounting Department on the issuance of milestone payment invoices, where applicable.
- · Primary client interface including all correspondence, issuing of drawings for approval and subsequent expediting of the return of approval drawings from client.
- · Overall project management including contracts, document control, and the management of scope, schedule, cost, change, and risk to ensure all client and company requirements are met.
- · Coordinating with all departments in a timely manner to ensure that customer and contractual requirements are met.
- · Where engineering design is required, provide a complete scope of work, and all contractually applicable client specifications.
- · Utilize the Engineering Manager and Production Planner to develop a project schedule according to client and Company requirements.
- · Coordinate with the Engineering Department to ensure that designers are using the complete and current UEE proposal, client PO, and client supplied scope of work, specifications, and other technical data.
- · Review all project approval drawings with engineering designers to ensure client scope is met.
- · Prepare and submit all purchase requisitions to the Purchasing Department to allow purchasing of long delivery components.
- · Continuously review and approve job cost reports.
- · Provide pertinent information to the Purchasing and Logistics Manager to enable finished goods shipments.
- · Assist in the preparation of contract manuals where required.
- · Participate in departmental reviews of procedures, standards and methods for continuous improvement.
- · Execute assigned tasks in accordance with ISO and Company procedures.
- · Previous electrical and project management experience required.
- · Electrical trade certification, technologist diploma, or engineering degree an asset.
- · Possess strong technical and management skills, including the ability to understand and interpret detailed technical specifications and commercial terms.
- · Excellent communication and time management skills.
- · Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking and able to work with minimal supervision.
- · Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- · Ability to build and maintain constructive lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners and clients.
- · Experience with Epicor (ERP) Software an asset.
· Minimum 3 years Project Management experience.Location
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
· PLEASE NOTE: Due to the developing impact of COVID-19, our top priority is ensuring that our employees are safe, with policies and procedures in place to effectively handle our response to the outbreak.
- project management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Project Management Certificate (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)