Reporting to the Security Manager (HoS) or Alternate HoS in lieu, the Security Associate is responsible for supporting the security initiatives within the department to ensure that all regulatory areas are in accordance with Cannabis Act and relevant regulations within the licensed facility.
Sweetgrass is a 100,000 + sq. ft. cannabis production facility located in Strathcona County, Alberta and is regulated by the Cannabis Act (Canada) and its Regulations. Our Company offers a broad range of advancement opportunities for prospective employees and we are always looking for talented people who are interested in challenging work and continuous professional development.
Job Scope Responsibilities:
- Assist in operating video surveillance systems, monitoring all access control and intrusion detection systems; monitor and report violations of overall safety and security procedures through the licensed site;
- Participate in training programs around SOPs pertaining to security and security record keeping compliance;
- Support security programs, recording response to security incidents and breaches;
- Support systems/programs of control that ensure loss prevent and detection;
- Assist in coordinating with 3rd party security providers/contractors for security installations and monitoring systems for the licensed site;
- Collaborate with Regulatory and QA Departments during internal audits regularly to determine security compliance according to Cannabis Regulations;
- Assist in disseminating security changes or notifications to relevant departments and individuals within the organization in a timely and efficient manner;
- Continuously monitor the changing regulatory landscape to assist in development, implementation, monitoring and assessment of strategic initiatives for the department and organization in the area of security;
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices for the provisions of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations that apply to the license holder; and
- Other duties and activities as required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’ Degree in a related field (i.e. Security Management) obtained or recognized by a Canadian University or institution strongly preferred;
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Security Department within a similar production environment;
- Professional security designation considered an asset (i.e. ASIS CPP, ASIS PSP);
- Certification of Qualification from ITA for security alarm installation considered an asset;
- Solid understanding of security plans and their applications;
- Recent criminal record check completed (required prior to hiring);
- Good ERP, MS Office Suite, Adobe Pro, G-Suite, AutoCAD and additional technical proficiency; and
- Valid security clearance (ACMPR or Cannabis Regulations) strongly preferred.
You Are FOCUSED, DETAIL ORIENTED, ORGANIZED AND METHODICAL. Nothing gets by you and you are a master at time management.
You are a CLEAR COMMUNICATOR capable of speaking professionally, clearly and concisely.
You are a TECHNICALLY PROFICIENT, capable of working within many security platforms and infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience championing best practices in high-volume, dynamic environments;
- Proven knowledge and experience related to the responsibilities of the position (i.e. Pharma, medical devices, food/beverage, high valued goods, etc.);
- Cybersecurity experience strongly desirable; and
- Demonstrated experience security compliance programs and systems.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Exceptional culture
Sweetgrass is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
BZAM Cannabis is committed to following all provincial and federal public health authority guidance pertaining to COVID-19
- Security: 1 year (Preferred)