Position: Maintenance Technician
Job No. 2020106
Location: Edmonton, AB
Type: Full Time Permanent
Wage and Allowance: Competitive Market Wage and Car Allowance
Other Benefits: 50% Rental Discount, Company Paid Medical Benefits (Dental, Vision and Health Benefits)
Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished real estate company which is publicly traded on Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). Its business focus is on acquisition & upgrading of residential properties and managing its own portfolio of over 12,000 residential apartments in six major cities across Canada.
Maintenance Technician is responsible for all building maintenance related duties within their assigned location(s) within a residential multi-family setting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- General handyman duties, minor plumbing, electrical repairs and maintenance
- Maintenance, inspection, repairs of boilers, HVAC
- Troubleshoot of appliances
- General carpentry, installation of blinds, fixing doors, cabinets etc.
- Drywall, tiling and painting
- Must be involved in maintenance work emergencies to residential units; be available for on- call on a rotating schedule to deal with problems that occur after hours and/or weekends
- Manage tenant requests including proper follow up to ensure satisfaction and completion
- Complete maintenance checklist for unoccupied suites
Qualifications and Requirements
- Possess at least 2 years’ of relevant building maintenance work experience
- Experience in boiler maintenance and HVAC, minor plumbing and electrical
- Working knowledge of renovation and repair of buildings, building systems and the respective by-laws and/or regulations
- Possess own tools
- Flexible to work normal work hours, on-call, weekends and any after-hours emergencies
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle to use at work.
- Must successfully complete a security clearance
How to Apply
Send your resume quoting “ Job No. 2020106” in the subject line to our Email address. Visit our website for more information: www.mainst.biz. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent