Provide quality testing in the Laboratory (Immunohaematology, Chemistry, and Haematology) by observing the highest standards according to established policies, processes and procedures.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Laboratory Technology / Science Program.
- Current MLT registration with CMLTO.
- Current Laboratory (Immunohaematology Chemistry, Haematology,) experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- Current experience with laboratory automation and instrumentation including Ortho ProVue, Roche MPA, Roche Cobas, Advia 2120, and CA1500 prefe rred.
- Current Laboratory experience with crossmatch, G&S, antibody investigation, R&M, and blood cell morphology preferred.
- Current experience with SOFT LIS, Cerner Power Chart HIS and Paradigm document control program preferred.
- Experience with quality assurance and quality management preferred.
- Ability to communicate and function under pressure with variable workload.
- Good attendance and work record.
- Interpersonal skills essential.
- Demonstrate interest in continuing personal and professional growth.
- Flexible, good organizational skills and sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, teach, problem solve and organize.
- Ability to lead; work well in cooperation with co-workers and interprofessio nal practices.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protectin g the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.