Flagship Construction is a general contractor located in Truro, Nova Scotia focused on public and private commercial construction. Flagship has been in business for over 30 years and continues to grow with projects on the go throughout New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. We are on a mission to keep growing and we want you to come with us!
What’s Important at Flagship.
Experience and skills are just a part of what is required. Attitude and believing in the same values that we do is equally as important. Being accountable, always showing up with the right attitude, working as a team, striving to be the best and giving back is at the foundation of who we are as a company.
Your New Role.
As a Site Supervisor, you are at the core of the business and play a crucial role in leading and working with the field crew. You will be responsible for multiple projects and will oversee the coordination of key activities, interact with subcontractors, tradespeople and the field crew assigned to the job. You will also interact with the Flagship management team to assist with job site scheduling and coordination. You may be required to get your hands dirty and work with the crew on an as-needed basis so it's important that you can manage a site and work with the team hands-on.
Here's what you'll need to have:
- Motivation to tackle projects head-on with a can-do attitude
- Ability to think outside of the box and solve problems as they arise
- Passion for safety and working with a team of people
- Self-starter and always one step ahead of what's expected and your call of duty
- Love for the details with a focus on the big picture
- You're looking for a career, not just a job
- A background (and passion!) for commercial construction
- Strong attention to detail & make safety a top priority
- Experience reading architectural drawings & blueprints
- Experience with projects up to $1M or higher
- Hands-on experience in commercial or residential construction
- Familiar with Office products and working remotely from job-site
- Valid Drivers License
- Ability to obtain necessary clearances upon hire
- Experience in job site management is required
- Red seal certification in carpentry or any other trade would be an asset
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Group Benefits Package
- Company cell phone
- Paid Vacation
- Ongoing training
- Opportunity to grow into new roles at Flagship
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 5 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)