About the Event:
The Calgary Police Foundation will be hosting its signature fundraising event, the Chief Youth Courage Awards Gala, April 29, 2020 at the Telus Convention Centre and is looking to expand its Committee with new members who are stars in marketing, communications, graphic design, auction item collection, and in ticket sales. The gala is an evening of hope and inspiration to celebrate children and youth, as the Stars of Courage. The event will be wrapped in the pageantry and tradition of the Calgary Police Service and will surprise and delight guests with exclusive experiences and heart throttling moments.
About the Position – Committee Communication & Marketing Lead:
Strategizes with Event Producers, Committee Chairs, and work closely with a Graphic Designer to oversee all marketing aspects, as well as, carrying out all advertising and promotion needs of the event. The Communications & Marketing Lead is responsible for the design of all materials, from signage, social media collateral, tickets, programs, and website. The Communication & Marketing Lead will over see the Communication & marketing Subcommittee and will ensure Critical Path deadlines are met. The ideal candidate will be creative, fun, and have great attention to detail, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Previous work on event promotion campaigns is an asset. Experience in graphic design is a major asset.
- Research all promotional opportunities and create a promotion schedule for Gala ticket Sales.
- Create or outsource resources for all graphic design artwork related to the event.
- Work with Event Producer, Graphic Designer, and Committee Chairs to develop event branding and story telling.
- Take content developed by Committee and ensure graphic content and branding tells the story of the event.
- Collaborate with Digital Communications to create a website that tells the story of the event and is also a functional platform for ticket sales.
- Draft communications and content for website and other materials as necessary.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of social platforms for the event: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Help create on brand content for social media to promote Gala and encourage ticket sales.
- Determine which marketing avenues will reach the desired audience and oversee the creation of marketing collateral and ads.
- Oversee layout and printing of all materials.
- Attend or call in for all Gala Committee meetings.
- Project manages the Communications & Marketing Subcommittee, ensuring timelines are met and standards are maintained.
- Host bi-weekly meetings with Communication & Marketing Subcommittee and report to Gala Committee on progress of team.
- Attend Gala in active event role.
- Coordinate post-event thank you ad with Graphic Designer.
Please send and expression of interest email with subject line: “CYCA Committee Volunteer” to Alena Schock, describing your interest in the CYCA and what you would bring to the role.
Job Type: Volunteer
- Graphic Design: 2 years (Required)
- Event Planning: 2 years (Preferred)
- Calgary, AB (Preferred)