Vidir Solutions Inc., elevating Careers and Community
If you’re looking for a chance to foster a deep sense of purpose in your work and the opportunity to elevate as a leader both in your career and in your community, exciting possibilities are waiting for you with Vidir.
Working at Vidir is about more than just being an employee; it’s about being part of a growing family making a positive impact both globally and in your community.
From our operations in Arborg and Teulon to our work with communities, everything we do is with the future firmly in mind. We are always looking for innovative ways to do our business, deliver results and build a great work environment.
Our mission is to “Make the world’s products safely accessible”. We continue to innovate, implement best practices and adopt new technologies in all areas.
For our Arborg location, we are seeking a:
Senior Mechanical Engineer
A Senior Mechanical Engineering researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines and mechanical, for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy. Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines
Reporting to the Director of Design
· Project management (oversees design implementation) from concept to production across multiple disciplines, such as electrical design, software development and manufacturing/process control, including budget, quality and resources (coordinates activities, information, materials or resources within own area of responsibility).
· Project scope development, design calculations, estimating, preparation of technical contract documents, commissioning.
· Effectively schedule, prioritize and manage tasks using MS Office Project tools to meet commitments with customers.
· Function as the team leader/member of single discipline and multi-discipline engineering projects.
· Coordinates design review meetings and process hazard review meetings with project stakeholders.
· Prepare BOMs, cost estimates and equipment layouts
· Make technical decisions.
· Deploy engineering software, such as Windchill, motor selection, structural analysis, etc…
· Ensure that designs meet applicable international standards, code regulation and internal procedures.
· Provide mentoring and guidance to junior engineers, engineers in training, technologists and draftspersons.
· Provide support throughout the organization, including production and technical assistance (service), in regards to technical information, cost savings initiatives and design improvements
· Assist with the development of engineering processes, engineering standards and equipment specifications.
· Train co-workers and customers.
· Deploy new products and participate on installations.
· Conduct final inspection and recommend acceptance or rejection of completed designs.
· Evaluate technical reports, such as safety inspections and seismic assessments.
· Improve operations, reduce turnaround times, and optimize processes to provide seamless quality of engineering services.
· Verify and validate engineering designs by testing protocols and analyzing statistical data.
· Provide expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems (troubleshoot).
· Perform and direct tests and quality control assessments.
· Conduct field investigations and create study reports.
· Create and maintain technical reports, documentation, calculations, sketches and electronic drawings and files (CREO, step, dxf, etc.…).
· Visit and interact with customers/sales personal
· Maintain up-to-date electrical engineering knowledge and stay current with industry trends and best practices.
· Participate in department training programs.
· Demonstrate safe behavior conforming to code requirements and internal policies.
· Demonstrate the accountabilities under Vidir’s Safety Management System and Continuous Improvement Programs and lead by example.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following competencies:
· A Mechanical P Eng
· Professional Engineering by Association of Engineers and Geoscientists or equivalent in another province.
- Technical and practical understanding of transmission, lifting devices, structural components, material properties
- Troubleshoot and organizational skills, team worker, reading/understanding of drawings and 3D modelling in CREO or similar
- Written and oral communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Excellent grasp of diverse, fundamental mechanical engineering concepts and relationships.
- Advanced mathematical skills, such as calculus and differential equations.
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans.
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques, Kaizen, and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
Working at Vidir:
Vidir offers a competitive salary and benefits package; as well as incentives and promotes a culture of recognition. We support professional growth, development and success!Explore our company and products at www.storevertical.comFind out about the Vidir experience at www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpIXnfj6Q8c
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Vidir has an extensive COVID-19 Response Policy. Please feel free to ask about details if you should be selected for a phone screen.