Job Title: (MOW) Class “G” Driver
Status: Long term contract (Part 12 hours/week)
Salary Level: $18.03/hour
Job #: #22-SRS-16
Posting Date: June 29th, 2022
Posting Close: July 13th, 2022
Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services (DHNS) is a multi-service agency located in the heart of east downtown Toronto committed to realizing the vision of a city where everyone thrives. Since 1929, we have been touching the lives of thousands of our community’s most vulnerable residents by providing a range of programs and services across every stage of life. We create lasting solutions to end poverty, social injustices, and isolation in
Toronto. We value respect, diversity, integrity, care, compassion, and accountability.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Community Transportation, the Community Transportation Driver G class licence is responsible for the safe transportation of Agency clients, volunteers, and staff in accordance with Ontario Regulations. The Driver is required to perform their duties in a manner consistent with Dixon Hall’s Mission. Vision and Values, ensure safety, and demonstrates customer service excellence.
- Transport clients, who have arranged for this service with the transportation
Coordinator, from their homes to designated drop off points and back to their homes as required.
- Assist clients with the process of getting in and out of vehicle as required.
- Ensure that clients fasten their seatbelts and assist clients when necessary.
- Report all concerns and problems regarding client’s well-being.
- Secure assistive devices.
- Complete and submit Vehicle Check-List on a daily basis.
- Adhere to standard Operating procedures as set out by Toronto Ride.
- Ensure that assigned vehicle are properly parked, cleaned and fueled at the end of each shift.
- Report all vehicle maintenance problems to supervisor in a timely fashion and maintain adequate gasoline in the vehicle.
- Report to transportation Coordinator all concerns and problems regarding client’s well-being and maintenance problems.
- Actively participate in department and agency meetings and events.
- Work under the guidance of the agency program, policies and procedures, including the Mission and Values of Dixon Hall.
- Meet regularly with manager to discuss individual, team and program effectiveness.
- Valid Ontario Class G driver’s license.
- Current personal automobile insurance policy.
- Must be 25 years of age or older.
- Clean driver’s abstract that has been obtained within the last three months.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills with a strong ability to communicate with seniors or those whose interpersonal relationship skills may be diminished by age or other factors related to their physical abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of downtown city streets and not made anxious by driving in the congestion of downtown streets.
- Sensitive to the needs of seniors and individuals with disabilities.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Strong verbal and written English language communication skills, fluency in additional languages, relevant to the communities of service, will be considered an asset.
- Must be qualified to legally work in Canada for the Agency.
- Able to provide a “Clear” or satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check as determined by the operational requirements of the program.
- MUST be fully vaccinated (two (2) doses) against COVID-19 with a vaccine that has been approved for use in Canada.
Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted for an interview, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process. The hiring process is governed by Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services Race Relations and
Employment Equity Policies.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.03 per hour