Heatherlea Farm Shoppe is looking for a Chef Kitchen Team Member!
If you are passionate about local "made from scratch" food, love to cook, preserve and prepare food dishes, we’d love to have you on our team! Heatherlea serves up delicious sandwiches and baked goods in the cafe, as well as frozen soups and entrees for the retail store.
Our business is growing. We are looking for a talented and driven candidate that can work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with others, be passionate about producing consistent, quality food and be focused on excellence in customer satisfaction.
The Chef Kitchen Team Member reports to the Owner & Kitchen Supervisor, and is responsible for the following:
- food production, baking, canning and food preparation
- ensure kitchen cleanliness and organization
- assist with inventory and ordering
- participate in proper food costing
- follow daily/weekly/monthly food production targets
- follow established recipes
- ensure quality control measures are followed and assessed on an ongoing basis
- follow proper hygiene practices and food safety requirements
- assist with Food Service when required
- Previous culinary (savoury) and baking (sweet) work experience
- Reliable and hard working
- Must be able to work weekend shifts as well as weekday
- Exceptional culinary knowledge
- Experience with various types of kitchen equipment and tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently or as a team and remain efficient
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills
- Strong people skills and communication abilities
- Ability to work with a dynamic and diverse team
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service
- Valid driver’s license and means of transportation
- Ability to lift to 25 kg. on an occasional basis
- Wage based on experience & knowledge
Heatherlea Farm Shoppe
17049 Winston Churchill Blvd
Caledon, On L7K 1J1
To see what is special about our Angus herd, farm, and store, please see www.heatherlea.ca. Our farm in Caledon is within the Greater Toronto Area and is close to cities such as Orangeville, Georgetown and the Town of Erin.
Heatherlea is an equal opportunity employer and we value the unique and growing diversity within Canada. We welcome everyone to apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest in Heatherlea Farm Shoppe.
Heatherlea is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavour to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. If any accommodations need to be made during the interview process please contact by email.
All resume information is received in confidence. While we appreciate and thank all applicants, we will only directly contact those candidates selected for an interview. Heatherlea is a smoke-free facility and property.
Application Deadline: 2021-03-31
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All customers and staff are required to wear a mask. Frequent sanitization of high touch surfaces is in effect.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place