At Nestlé, we want to help shape a better and healthier world, inspire people to live healthier. We do this by fostering a diverse, friendly, supportive and collaborative environment, that creates positive disruption, embraces innovation and empowers people and teams to win.
We aim to hire friendly, respectful, inspiring people who care about the people’s lives that we touch every single day. Be a force for good. Join Nestlé.
Nestle Canada Inc
Hopewell Distribution Centre
In this role, you will be responsible for leading continuous improvement to improve the cost evolution of distribution and to provide support as a trusted co-pilot within Physical Logistics & Customer Service/ Customer Facing leadership team. You will provide strategic evaluation and execution of the dynamic business model for Distribution and financial leadership to guide financially sound decision-making.
A day in the life of...
Cash Flow & Continuous Improvement
- Identify and drive cost improvement opportunities, be an active contributor to improvement projects and initiatives, validate, review and track savings (OPEX). Challenge assumptions for cost improvements in Distribution Network based on internal and external benchmark information on Distribution performance. Actively drive NCE activities within the Distribution Centre and ensure activities are in alignment with business OMP (Operational Master Plan).
Business Planning & Modeling
- Drive execution of the Supply Chain business strategy (Plan, Dynamic Forecast, MBS) together with production sites and Supply Chain management.
- Contribute strategically to the evolving customer supply models and ensure cost transparency of Distribution optimizations/strategies.
- Perform forecasts, revisions or simulations if needed, including modelling of physical and financial flows regarding warehousing and storage.
- Interpret monthly results and communicate KPIs required for decision making.
- Perform Ad Hoc cost analysis for the needs of businesses.
- Develop, control and ensure robust evaluations of all capital investments and embedded leases within the Distribution network.
- Conduct external benchmarking studies to identify structural enhancements to provide recommendations to business partners.
- Participate in LEAN activities including the MOR and QOR. Contribution to Lean Journey of the Distribution team.
- Prepare and deliver monthly business review on key metrics of Distribution, connecting business activities to financial outcomes.
- Drive clear understanding of financial key figures and costing within Distribution, including organizing training sessions for non-specialists.
- Ensure clear control and visibility of assets and liabilities, including the development, implementation and compliance with internal controls in all areas such as Bad Goods, Supplier contracts/terms and Finished Goods Stock levels in order to optimize each. This includes establishing a solid and periodic monitoring of the internal controls effectiveness and appropriately escalating business risks. "
- Manage routine audit activities in the distribution area to ensure compliance on critical areas eg) NAS, Costing Standards, statutory accounting/tax, OPEX guideline and appropriately escalate business risks.
- Actively involved in internal and external audits within Distribution.
What will make you successful
- Completion of University Degree in Finance or Business Administration and Accounting Designation (CPA) is highly preferred.
- 8-10 Years of progressive collective experience. Minimum of 2-5 years in category or sales finance management, in addition to corporate and/or supply chain finance.
- Factory Finance, Supply Chain Finance, Cost Management, or Audit positions considered an asset.
- Commercial understanding is critical and diverse finance experience required.
- Highly developed leadership competencies in change management, strategic thinking, effective communication and leading/developing people
- Mastery in the following professional/technical competencies: using analytics to drive insight, relevant business processes, internal control systems, financial modeling, risk management.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interact with all levels of management and internal/external customers
- Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry experience considered an asset
What you need to know
If you believe you have the profile we are looking for and you want to make your mark in the World’s Largest Food and Beverage Company, we look forward to hearing from you!
The closing date for applications is October 28, 2020. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Please note; Education Verification, Reference Checks and Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.