This is a full-time permanent position working day shift, Monday to Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm.
Assists in managing the day-to-day aspects of highly perishable food products physical inventory, including daily routine cycle counts of inventory, investigating inventory discrepancies, determining and constructing suitable rack profiles for items, and processing inventory adjustments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Determines root causes of damages and processes damages using Radio Frequency (RF) scanner.
- Processes customer returns using Radio Frequency (RF) Scanner.
- Investigates operations out of stock in order to maintain a high service level
- Investigates customer concerns (short dated product, miss picks, shortages)
- Initiates date check, and routine daily cycle counts.
- Ability to construct and change racking profiles as required throughout the warehouse.
- Able to work in all areas of the warehouse including freezer, chill, and dry.
- Observes all company safety policies and procedures
- Performs duties in accordance with HACCP and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures appropriate for location.
- Performs all duties in a highly ethical manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties and projects assigned by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience operating warehouse machinery including a reach truck and an order picker with exposure to radio frequency (RF) scanners
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a perishable food warehouse / distribution environment
- Familiarity with and comfortable working in a refrigerated and freezer warehouse
- Knowledge of inventory control- cycle counting, shrink, customer returns, and adjusting rack profiles.
- Familiarity with food industry (quality expectations, case packs, varieties)
- Ability to use Radio Frequency (RF) scanning device
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communicator with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to learn about product and operational procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced warehouse.
- Understanding of how a perishable refrigerated distribution warehouse should be organized.
- Able to safely operate a forklift and similar power equipment with ability to obtain appropriate certifications.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 to $20.50 /hour
- Inventory Control: 1 year (Preferred)