FORM (formswim.com) is a sports technology company with a mission to break down the barriers between what swimming is and what it could be. We’re looking for a UX/UI Designer to join our rapidly growing team.
At FORM, you’ll be part of a close team that’s redefining the sport of swimming. You’ll have the freedom to shape your role, how you own it, and how you grow with us. And you’ll be part of an amazing and diverse group of people who love to work and have fun together.
A Little Bit About Us
Founded in 2016 in Vancouver, Canada, FORM is the sports technology company behind the FORM Smart Swim Goggles and membership. The membership unlocks guided workouts, an ever-growing workout library, pre-workout tutorials, and much more. Now, swimmers can see real-time workout instructions, performance metrics, and progress updates in their goggles while they swim.
Since launching in 2019, our goggles have been awarded the RedDot Product Design Award “Smart Device”, iF Product Design Award, German Innovation Award, and an ISPO Brand New Award. Press, pro-athletes, and influencers love what we're doing and are proud to use our goggles. We have a great team of people who are fun to work with and serious about what they do; leveraging decades of combined expertise in consumer products, from sports eyewear design to activity-tracking algorithms.
To learn more, visit formswim.com.
We are seeking a UX/UI Designer to help us design and deliver the customer experience across FORM’s website and marketing channels. You’re excited to play a key role in developing how we introduce our brand and product to the world and develop ecommerce journeys to support this. You enjoy working across all elements of UX and UI, from initial research through to developing and implementing innovative design solutions.
- Tackle a variety of research and design challenges to build out and/or refine the customer journey on the formswim.com website
- Ensure FORM’s website and marketing touchpoints are intuitive, enjoyable and accessible to audiences across all platforms
- Develop a strong understanding of our customers and their experience of our digital touchpoints through various research techniques and analytics tools
- Conduct user research, competitive assessments, and other design thinking activities
- Develop user flows, wireframes, UI designs, mockups and prototypes and other UX artifacts as needed
- Present ideas, concepts research and designs to stakeholders and team members, clearly explaining design choices and methodology, while being open to feedback
- Maintain an understanding of the product roadmap and business objectives to inform your work and priorities
- Test and validate design direction
- Work with our Product team to ensure consistent brand experience through customer lifecycle
- Identify opportunities and prioritize areas for improvement to the user experience
- Proactively manage your own work queue, communicating trade-offs and meeting deadlines
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of relevant UX/UI experience designing for web and mobile, preferably with a focus in ecommerce
- A strong portfolio that highlights your process and demonstrates strategic and creative design solutions. Please include a link to your portfolio or samples of your work with your application.
- Ability to break down complex challenges, defining the problem, identifying appropriate research methods, designing and implementing solutions and understanding their impact
- High proficiency with design and prototyping tools (ie. Figma, Sketch, Zeplin)
- Experience setting up, executing and analyzing user research
- Great communications skills. You have the ability to successfully communicate ideas and design choices to a mixed audience. You can clearly articulate requirements.
- Experience collaborating with product managers, developers, QA, stakeholders and other designers in an Agile environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and ability to translate data into insights and actions
- Experience with analytics tools like Hotjar, FullStory etc.
- Exceptional collaborative skills dealing with stakeholders across departments
- In addition to your resume, please include a link to your portfolio or samples of your work with your application.
We’re daring, we’re focused, we’re human.
We thank you for your interest in FORM and to everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
FORM is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We recognize that we are better able to achieve our goals and live our core values of being daring, focused and human, when we have a diverse team of employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, race, colour, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical or mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, or political beliefs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Why are you interested in this position?
- UX/UI: 3 years (preferred)