Mthree are working with a leading Bank, based in Montreal. We are looking for entry-level Production Support Analysts to join the Mthree team and work onsite with a leading Investment Bank.
L2 Application Support Analysts are responsible for ensuring optimal performance and stability of Front Office pricing, trading, and risk management applications across multiple product lines.
The role offers a fast-paced and interesting mix of technical and business challenges, allowing the holder to develop an in-depth understanding of trading technologies and businesses. While direct experience with these systems and business lines is not essential, the role requires these skills and knowledge to be developed over time.
The position will include six weeks of paid training in a classroom setting for optimal job skills and preparedness upon onsite deployment.
- Monitor and respond to user-reported issues as well as infrastructure alerts promptly and professionally; ensure issues are tracked through to resolution.
- Manage proactive ready-for-business checks, identify and fix gaps, and respond promptly to failures.
- Ensure efficient incident management, ensuring accurate communication to impacted groups and timely resolution.
- Facilitate root cause investigations and manage the implementation of corrective and preventative measures.
- Partner with development teams to drive stability, operational excellence, and a culture of efficiency.
- Ensure team knowledge is current and forward-looking.
- Respond to regulatory and compliance issues with urgency.
- Liaise with external technology vendors and exchanges to coordinate changes and resolve connectivity and market data issues.
- Review, execute, and verify production changes in strict accordance with procedures defined in change documents.
- Take an active role in planned technology events, i.e. business continuity tests, ensuring recovery procedures are accurate and complete.
- Leverage tools and resources available within the firm to simplify, automate, or eliminate inefficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems or related field from an accredited college or university
- Understanding of server, storage, MQ, and application technologies (Java, .NET, C++)
- Able to troubleshoot, problem solver, analytical
- Proficiency with Linux
- SQL databases experience such as Sybase, DB2, Oracle); able to search log files and compose SQL queries.
- Network diagnostic skills and experience with networks and realtime messaging technologies (multicast, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP)
- Scripting skills, like Perl, Python, or UNIX shell.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $42,000.00 to $46,000.00 /year
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)