Summer - Aquatic Cashier
Competition posting date:
Competition closing date:
Recreation, Cultural and Facility Services Department
Non Union/Non MPE
$14.000 per hour (2020 rates of pay)
Recreation and Culture
Responsible for performing a wide variety of customer service duties. These may include, but are not limited
to client inquiries, program registration, and sale of goods/supplies. Understands and follows all City of
Ottawa guidelines, policies and procedures in relation to cash handling and customer service.
Education & Experience
High School Student:
Previous experience operating a cash register is preferred
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for
stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR 'C' certification
- Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) certification
- AODA Accessibility Training
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
This job with the City of Ottawa requires employees to be 15 years of age prior to employment.
- City of Ottawa cash handling procedures
Competencies & Skills
- Knowledge of Computers
- Knowledge of Cash registers
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written directions/procedures
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage simultaneous demands
If this opportunity matches your interest and profile please apply online by using the "Apply"
button. If this is your first online application please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process
will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that
reflects the diverse population it serves. The City encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the
HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.