Solis Foods Corporation Inc. is a leading manufacturer of high quality snack inspired foods for both in- home and out-of-home consumption. Our MexiCasa brand has been trusted by consumers for over 20 years. Solis is an innovator in Mexican main meal and snack foods for all channels of distribution. Our state of the art manufacturing and distribution facilities, located in St. Mary’s, Ontario and Calgary Alberta and Distribution Facility in Brantford Ontario, service clients with the mission of ‘providing the highest quality products with exceptional service and great value for its customers’.
We are searching for Maintenance Workers for our St Mary's location. Operating in a food manufacturing environment the Maintenance Millwright supports the daily operation of the St Mary’s facility in achieving production goals. They are will be involved in equipment installation, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, equipment modifications and repairs. Must show a high degree of motivation and initiative with a proven ability to positively work in a team setting.
- Responsible for the execution of planned maintenance, repairs, minor installations and replacements to maintain safe and efficient operations of equipment
- Participates in the on-going improvement of predictive and preventative maintenance program
- Recommends any changes and/or improvements to plant equipment/facilities/procedures
- Upgrades areas with new equipment/technology when required
- Maintains all records/documentation and ensure completion of paperwork
- Diagnose and correct mechanical problems with equipment in a fast paced environment to minimize downtime
- With a variety of processing and facility equipment, should have a solid understanding of electricity, electronics, PLC, VFD’s, , baggers, tapers, motor control circuits, low voltage distribution systems and extra low voltage controls
- Performs all duties in a safe and productive manner
- Keep work area orderly and clear
- Other duties as directed by Plant Manager and/or Production Supervisors
- 3 + years as a licensed trade in industrial environment troubleshooting and repairing equipment as a licensed Millwright
- Must be able to supply own tools and work 12 hour continental shifts which rotate between days and nights
- Must be able to perform frequent standing, bending, twisting, crawling, kneeling, squatting, climbing, reaching and grasping
- Experience servicing and maintaining equipment – both mechanically and electrically
- Highly motivated and possess good interpersonal and communication skills to work in a team environment
- Able to work well under pressure and with limited supervision
- Food and Beverage industry experience an asset
- Experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
All interested candidates should forward their resume to Human Resources
We would like to thank you everyone for their interest in this position; however only those Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Solis Foods will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Millwright: 1 year (Preferred)
- Millwright (Preferred)