A career at TransLink and our family of companies means working with people with a wide range of skills and perspectives, all teaming up towards a common goal: preserving and enhancing the region's world-envied quality of life. Together, we connect the region and enhance its livability by providing a sustainable transit and transportation network, embraced by our communities and people.
At TransLink we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace, recognizing the unique value and skills every individual brings.
Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can make a difference in a vibrant city? At TransLink, one of BC’s Top Employers, you'll help make Metro Vancouver a better place to live.
Provides leadership and guidance in developing organizational transformation and change management strategies for TransLink enterprise. Must be a transformational visionary individual and leader who can deliver by utilizing and adopting approaches to support business initiatives, using proven tools and frameworks to assess and positively impact desired culture change to drive business results.
- Partners with senior leaders across enterprise to develop complex, multi-stakeholder transformation initiatives and mitigates the organization’s change risk and readiness factors; develops comprehensive project strategies and plans in support of these initiatives, including assessments, communication plans, pro-active risk and issue management.
- Assists in developing transformational change management vision and strategies for TransLink Enterprise. Must be a transformational thinker by utilizing and adopting approaches to support business initiatives, using proven tools and frameworks to assess and positively impact desired culture change to drive business results.
- Facilitates and collaborates engagement sessions with stakeholders while also delivering on projects and programs. Manages large-scale, enterprise wide transformational changes based on key business imperatives driving change from a business, a process and people perspective, effectively creating a new behavior.
- Develops holistic change management strategies that succinctly articulate how change will be managed in the context of a transformation program by identifying and deploying leading edge communication and stakeholder engagement tools and techniques. Manages change management and training programs in a wide variety of contexts including (but not limited to) ERP implementations and transformational change programs.
- Monitors progress and manages risk by ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Develops and maintains productive relationships with all stakeholders and provides senior leadership and functional unit management with updates on project status, key metrics, issue, and risks. Leads transformational change with multiple stakeholders. Must have ability to lead and collaborate with senior leaders while building consensus.
- Develops and manages activities to support change in identifying and managing stakeholders, leadership development, organization design, training, cultural assessment and development, talent management, workforce strategies, and planning and executing key communications.
- Manages reporting managers and employees, including selection, development, coaching, performance management, and all other people management practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The requirements for this job are acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social science or organizational psychology or related discipline plus eight (8) years progressive experience in delivering transformation and change management initiatives (changes to structure, process, people, technology and information) using project and change management methods in a large complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Advanced knowledge of the theories, principles, practices and techniques pertaining to Change Management practices (PROSCI or similar methodology) with emphasis on developing transformation strategies and managing internal change and communications strategies within a large business, preferably in professional services
- Solid understanding of TransLink’s strategic and operational priorities, including the policies, climate and culture that govern the organization’s political structure.
- Solid ability to deploy change management approaches, best practices and tools that will support Agile Transformation.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills to provide specialized guidance and expertise to managers and staff; and to develop and manage critical relationships at all levels in the enterprise.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to handle conflict resolution, facilitating discussion and alternatives of different approaches.
- Solid leadership skills with ability to manage and influence
37.5 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one PDF document prior to uploading your application on-line via Indeed. If you are a current employee of TransLink, Coast Mountain Bus Company, BC Rapid Transit Company, or Transit Police, please apply internally.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
Questions regarding this competition can be directed to the email address provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, skills and perspectives.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email us.
The personal information requested on this employment application and during the recruitment process is collected by the South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority (TransLink) pursuant to section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (British Columbia). The information is required to assist in the selection and recruitment of employees and forms a basis for determining employment suitability. In the case of successful applicants, the information will be used by TransLink as part of your employment documentation and to confirm that you satisfy any applicable employment requirements. Please direct any questions regarding the collection of this information to TransLink Privacy Officer, 287 Nelson’s Court, New Westminster, BC, V3L 0E7 (Tel: 778-375-7500).
By submitting an application, I confirm that I have read and understand the information presented here and certify that the answers given by me on this employment application and during the recruitment process are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that providing inaccurate or incomplete information on this application or during the recruitment process will be cause for my disqualification from the recruitment process or, in the event of hire, will constitute grounds for termination of my employment. I understand that TransLink reserves the right to retain all documentation provided by me, the applicant.
TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE
The Total Compensation Package includes Extended Health, Dental, Transit Pass and enrollment in the Public Service Pension Plan. Focus on your development through tuition reimbursement, training, and mentorship programs. Enjoy a variety of health and wellness programs, including access to gym facilities. Speak to us to know more about what we offer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $115,526.00 per year
- Extended health care
- Wellness program
- Are you eligible to work in Canada?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- delivering transformation and change management initiatives: 8 years (preferred)