Wanted: Tax Manager for Busy, Growing, Chartered Professional Accounting Firm in West Edmonton
HGA Chartered Professional Accountants is the founding firm of the HGA Group. The HGA Group is the first of its’ kind in the Edmonton marketplace that puts all of the key professionals that an Edmonton business needs to succeed under one roof with one united goal to move the client forward.
Our goal at HGA is to create an environment where our clients enjoy coming to our office, have the ability to stop in without an appointment, as well as have confidence in our team and know us as people.
Whether you’re helping our clients find new opportunities, developing relationships with our growing list of clients, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you’ll be working in a forward thinking & supportive environment.
We’re looking for a reliable, personable, and motivated individual who loves dealing with like-minded clients and colleagues to join our HGA team as a Tax Manager, reporting to the Senior Tax Manager.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Manage and coordinate tax planning and compliance services for private companies and their shareholders
- Remain up to date on new tax legislation, case law, and government interpretations
- Mentor and assist staff in developing technical and file execution skills through coaching and performance feedback
- Provide support to the accounting and assurance group
- Assist in developing processes to enhance efficiency within the tax group
- Assist in business development
- Develop and deliver internal learning presentations
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strong priority management, problem solving, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 3 years public practice experience dealing with the accounting and taxation needs of private companies and their shareholders
- CPA designation, minimum 2 years post designation experience
- At minimum, enrolment in the CPA In-Depth Tax Course
- Desire to provide exceptional quality client service, and for continual learning
- Ability and willingness to adapt to a changing and growing role
- Experience in Caseware and Profile
We can offer the right candidate:
- A rewarding career in a growing tax group and firm
- Long term and stable employment
- A position tailored to your skill set and experience
- The opportunity for continued learning within an experienced group
- Excellent benefits
- Flexible working environment and hours
- Comfortable and modern workspace and amenities
- Flexible pay commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Free parking at an excellent and convenient West Edmonton location
We ask that qualified candidates forward cover letter and resume. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly; no phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time