Who are we?
From pioneer to leader in the security industry, Genetec has always been committed to providing the most innovative solutions. Today, we offer world-class IP security solutions with our unified security platform encompassing license plate recognition (LPR), video surveillance and access control. Genetec has been recognized as one of Montreal’s top employers for 13 years running.
The Platform Core team defines and develops the very heart of Genetec's flagship product, Security Center. We work daily with concepts like complex networking, software security, scalability and fault tolerance on the core of a large scale, high-availability, distributed client-server system. We're looking for strong software developers who are passionate about technology. The kind of people who thrive in a complex, challenging and constantly changing environment.
Responsibilities:What your day will look like:
- Propose solutions to evolve and improve the capabilities of the existing product.
- Design, code, test, debug and maintain features on the core servers of Security Center; an enterprise level software
- Collect requirements and collaborate with the team lead to drive the most pragmatic technical solution.
- Document the technical solutions for internal and external users of the core platform
Why should you join our team?
- Because you’re passionate about large scale software development
- Because you thrive in a tightly knitted team of highly talented technical individuals
- Because you enjoy collaboration with other software developers from various parts of the organization
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledgeable of client / server architecture
- Knowledgeable of databases and networking services
- Someone who is motivated by a fast-paced, changing environment and enjoys the challenge of new and unfamiliar tasks
Why you'll love Genetec:
- Experience with .NET programming using C#
- Experience with Microsoft SQL
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts
- Experience developing and debugging a large-scale software systems
- Familiar with docker, event and message broker technologies
- Attractive compensation package
- Work-life balance
- Flexible working schedule
- Free, unlimited Starbucks coffee
- Private free parking for all employees
- Onsite gym