As a member of the Fairmont team you will have access to health benefits after 3 months of full time employment, subsidized housing starting at $16.50/day and the opportunity to live and grow your career in a National Park!
www.lakelouisejobs.com for other great Hotel Jobs
Assistant Director of Housekeeping
Creating an engaging work environment for Colleagues of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is as important as turning moments into memories for our guests. The standards and values you model as Assistant Director of Housekeeping will inspire your team – not only to ensure exceptional guest rooms, public areas and heart of the house areas, but also to grow their careers with Fairmont.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to theDirector of Housekeeping, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Establish goals, measurements and results for the departmentalong with the Director of Housekeeping
- Effectively recruit, select and develop an effective team
- Promote high morale through recognition and removal of identified barriers
- Participate in guest room renovation projects
- Develop and update job descriptions and standard operating procedures for the department
- Responsible for coaching, developing & managing the performance of the Housekeeping team
- Responsible for maintaining all training documentation for all positions including the supervisory training program
- Plan and organize all deep cleaning cycles and projects relating to guest rooms and public areas
- Track and address all guest comments and concerns
- Ensure effective resource allocation, including scheduling, vacation planning and department productivity
- Provide necessary resources, functional tools and equipment to get the job done
- Effective everyday communications, including performance management
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained at all times and that all colleagues are committed to working safely
- Monitor/revise as needed, departmental health & safety tools including WCB & WHMIS training programs, policies and practices
- Enhance and monitor department environmental initiatives and recycling programs
- Effective communications and follow up with the Maintenance Department in related guest room and public areas care
- Effective and timely interaction with all hotel departments, key relationship with Front Office and Maintenance
- Comply with all safety regulations, promoting a clean and safe work environment
- Communicate effectively with the Maintenance department regarding guest rooms and public areas
- Adhere to all hotel environmental policies, programs and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven ability to successfully lead and motivate colleagues
- Highly organized and energetic, with a proactive approach to getting the job done
- University degree or college diploma in hospitality management an asset
- Previous management and/or assistant department head experience in a hotel Rooms division will be an asset,with a proven ability to provideprofessional, friendly and engaging service
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal (bilingual French/English an asset)
- Proficient in the use of relevant software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Micros Fidelio Opera)
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Proven ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced, team-based environment
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise!www.lakelouisejobs.com
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent