We are looking for motivated, determined, and passionate people to join our team!
The John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland (JHS) is a non-profit organization which provides the opportunity to work with purpose, and impact change in your community. Our team is empowered to be creative, explore innovative solutions, and collaborate to provide the best support and services to the people and communities we serve.
We are a dynamic, innovative social service organization that strives to create safe, healthy, and inclusive communities for all. We do this through a continuum of programs which provide assistance with housing, life-skills, education, employment, and community-based services, with the goal of helping individuals achieve greater independence.
To learn more, visit www.jhslmbc.ca
The Program Manager will apply leadership and innovation as the life force that sustains and enhances our programs. This position will make a difference by meeting the needs of our clients, funders, and regulators. The manager inspires excellence and purpose into the program by planning, organizing, staffing, and monitoring activities that ensure key targets are achieved.
Monday to Friday, 0900-1700, 40 hours per week (Full Time).
This position requires the ability to work flexible hours during the daytime, evenings, and weekends based on operational needs and program requirements.
Vancouver, with flexibility to travel throughout the Lower Mainland (from Vancouver to Fraser Valley)
- Implements and promulgates all policies and procedures, including developing appropriate manuals, brochures and handbooks
- Hires, supervises, evaluates, transfers and terminates staff and/or contractors as necessary to fulfill the program goal in accord with the Collective Agreement with CUPE Local 1936-11 and the Personnel Polices of the JHS
- Arranges shift schedules, ensuring appropriate staff coverage
- Implements a system of staff and volunteer orientation, supervision, in service training and evaluation
- Ensures all appropriate daily, monthly, and annual documentation of resource staff and contractor’s files and records are maintained
- Accepts responsibility for the daily and monthly financial and administrative aspects of the programs
- Makes sure effective, inclusive support programs are designed and maintained
- Supports the overall program strategic direction
- Liaises with other JHS staff, especially regarding potential referrals
- Assists the Home Share team with on-going monitoring and management of all care provider homes
- Assists in identifying and implementing opportunities for growth and continuous improvement to the delivery of services in Home Share
- Screens all applicants for the Home Share program
- Facilitates person-centered planning opportunities for staff and service users
- Develops related program opportunities, available to the individuals in the community
- Ensures a Quality of Life Plan (intervention plan), which is based on all agreed goals and includes all steps or success measurement and timelines, is completed.
- Ensures that funder’s guidelines, based on all agreed goals and including all steps or success measurement and timelines, are completed
- Maintains effective working relationships with related community services, government/stakeholders and agencies
- Is knowledgeable of related agencies for effective client referrals and support, especially those in the Lower Mainland community
- Ensures that the physical facilities fulfill all fire, health and safety regulations
- Ensures that the resource(s) is maintained as a clean, pleasant and safe environment
- Ensures that the Home Shares fulfill all fire, health and safety regulations
- Ensures that the Home Shares are maintained as a clean, pleasant and safe environment
- Is available to all Home Share Providers and resource staff, in case of emergencies; this may include carrying a pager or cell phone 24 hours a day and ensures on call coverage is arranged in their absence
- Coordination, Monitoring and Administration for the Home Share Program
- Coordination and Administration for the Residential Program
- All Human Resource Functions – recruitment, training, development
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a proven ability to work within a fast-paced, growth-focused environment. The ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor's degree and/or professional designation, with a minimum of 5 years of applicable or relevant transferable past work experience
- Extensive experience and expertise in the Community Living, Mental Health and Criminal Justice System
- Extensive experience in management of the day-to-day aspects of community-based programs, including case planning, behaviour modification techniques, psychosocial rehabilitative techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill in English
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of group process, individual counseling and crisis management
- Extensive knowledge and experience in hiring, training and supervising staff
- Ability to motivate and organize a staff team
- Administrative experience and strong administrative skills
Preference for candidates with knowledge of non-profit work environments, especially the Criminal Justice System and Developmental Disabilities.
- Ability to successfully complete a Security Clearance and/or Criminal Records Check
- Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Personal transportation that is in good repair, insured for business up to $1,000,000 for liability, and which can be used to transport clients
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Committed Living Wage Employer
- Great work environment
- Competitive benefits
- Opportunity to work with purpose for non-profit organization
- Chance to grow in a diverse range of programs
JHS welcomes applications from all qualified applicants including but not limited by those of any sex, race, orientation, or disability. Multilingual skills and multicultural competence are assets.
Reference ID: 2020-42
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Program Management: 1 year (Required)