CORE INDUSTRIAL is a non-union entity which offers a full complement of industrial equipment related services, rentals and skilled labour. It is a part of the SECON Group of Companies. CORE Industrial takes great pride in providing a safe and rewarding work environment for our employees.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, you will operate equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. As a Driver, you will deliver and recover equipment/materials at the customer site. This involves local hauling of equipment and supplies as well as loading, unloading, and securing the equipment according to company and Transport Canada.
This position will be a Monday-Friday position; however, the candidate must be willing to work overtime.
This position will be located in Rocanville, SK.
· Loading, unloading and securing the equipment.
· Local or long-distance hauling of equipment and supplies.
· Perform daily commercial vehicle inspection with completion of necessary repairs to vehicle to ensure operational safety.
· Learn and demonstrate Customer Service Standards for delivery service.
· Accurately obtain require signatures on rental contracts, pick up and exchange forms.
· Demonstration of proper and safe equipment usage to customer at point of delivery.
· Perform other duties assigned by the manager or authorized personnel.
· Complete inspection reports for out-going and returned equipment; completing log book and trip sheets meeting all Transport Canada and company record keeping requirements.
The successful candidate will have;
· Education High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Valid Driver’s License with Class 1 Certification and acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
· Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety Act / Transport Canada regulations.
· Knowledge of local major and minor roadways and the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery routing.
· Possess knowledge of and/or previous experience in driving delivery trucks, towing tandem/tri axle trailers and towable construction equipment, operating safely within high traffic or congested zones and in small areas.
· Prior training and/or experience with operating end and side dump trailers.
· Possess prior experience in safe operation of heavy construction machinery, and working understanding of load securement and transport.
· Pre-employment medical exam and drug test will be required.
With this opportunity, CORE Industrial offers a competitive Total Compensation Package, including fair and equitable wages and a comprehensive group benefit plan.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Open until suitable candidate has been hired.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent