Bow Ridge Steel Fabrication Ltd. is a family-run fabrication shop established over 45 years ago. We specialize in custom steel fabrication for a variety pf projects, ranging from the oil and gas sector to parade floats. BRT Consulting Limited is a EPCM company specializing in structural engineering projects. These companies work closely together and share an office and administration staff.
We are seeking a professional and friendly individual interested in starting or continuing their career with our fast-paced, growing companies and looking to fill the role of Junior Accounting Clerk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform accounts payable and assist with accounts receivable functions.
- Submit monthly incurred cost reports.
- Gathering and organizing receipts for corporate credit cards.
- Support with payroll administration.
- Assist with Timesheet entry and reconciliation.
- Record employee vacation and sick time.
- Complete filing and data entry tasks as needed.
- Open and update project files.
- Circulate documents for approval and signatures.
- Office management and administrative duties.
- Support HR related tasks.
- Reception duties.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in a relevant field (accounting, business administration, etc.) is required.
- 1 year of relevant experience is considered an asset.
- Experience with Quickbooks Desktop is an asset.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated, self-starter with exceptional prioritization and organization skills.
- Ability to adjust to change and multitask in a fast-paced setting.
- Demonstrated professionalism with colleagues and clients in person, by email, and by phone.
- Friendly, personable, and able to work in a team environment.
- Desire to learn and develop professionally.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Please be advised that Bow Ridge Steel Ltd. and BRT Consulting Ltd are equal opportunity employers and only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2E 2L5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounting clerk: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person