At Upstream Works, we provide software technology for customer care in the rapidly changing social, mobile and multichannel world of the contact center. We are growing, and we are looking for a Full Stack Developer that will be a key contributor to the overall business.
So, how do you know you’re a fit? At the risk of stating the obvious, you have a technical background in web or enterprise software development. To get even further ahead, experience with call centers and software product delivery would go a long way.
More importantly, you are a trailblazer, determined to add value to a product, to leverage the talents of your co-workers, and translate customer requirements into the best products you can.. You are also a detective –driven by the need to understand the complete picture. It’s not just about getting your part done; it’s about understanding all of the pieces, how they fit and work together, and how you can make it better. Beyond that, you know how to get it done, how to motivate others, and how to support your team.
We’ve been building Upstream Works steadily for the past 15 years, and we are moving full speed ahead.
Upstream Works has been built on a solid foundation of truly invested leadership. We’ve formed great business partnerships and lasting friendships; together, this creates a culture of family and fun. Why is our culture so important to us? Because work and life intersect and we believe it’s important to be happy and healthy in both! And we’re not going to sugar coat it – sometimes we work long hours. But we also work hard to make sure you get down time. And when we take time to have some fun as a company, we share that time with the families that support us day to day.
Here's how your intelligence, dedication, and drive come into play: *
- You have 4+ years Software Engineering in a .NET environment including 2+years working with enterprise software.
- You evaluate APIs and SDKs from 3rd party applications such as CRMs including Salesforce, MS Dynamics and other contact center applications such as call recording and workforce management so that you can successfully perform integrations between them and our core product.
- You create custom gadgets/widgets/components that provide functionality on web-based agent desktop.
- You use in house developed tool kits to bridge gaps between web browsers and thick client applications.
- You develop integration with contact center applications that are either industry specific or have been developed in house by our clients using technologies such as ActiveX or that require Interop.
- You have a good understanding of and experience utilizing ETL.
- You have experience supporting DevOps and are familiar with Jenkins, JMeter, Groovy (Java) and CI/CD.
- You are excited at the prospect of continuing to work on large scale enterprise infrastructure
- You have an excellent eye for good design and you want to actively participate in the creation of the UI aspect of our solutions.
- You are a key player. You need to be involved in the architecture and system design as a whole.
- You have a lesser known degree in user story translation. You can break down user stories and experiences into clear requirements and manageable tasks.
- You are a walking, talking, coding clock. You can provide timeline estimates and you always deliver on sprint commitments.
- Did we mention you adore working in an Agile environment and couldn’t dream of working any other way?
- You are a balanced leader with skills in the technical – code and design reviews. And the non technical – mentoring and coaching.
- You are a collaborator who loves working with a team to build great solutions. Which is super helpful given that we sit in pods; headsets off; working together on individual pieces that form incredible products
- Your motto is “Do it clean, do it right, make it compliant, make it tight.” We’ll hook you up with the Latin translation for that.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. We are located at 7777 Weston Road in Woodbridge at the corner of Weston Road and Highway 7. The office is easily accessible by car or transit (both TTC and York Regional Transit). More information about Upstream Works is available at www.upstreamworks.com.
Interested candidates may apply by responding to this job posting only.
And who are we?
At Upstream, we eliminate the causes of headaches by deploying products and services for corporate and enterprise contact centers. We help solve tough problems by integrating software and using analytics to improve efficiency. And, we are proud to say we can do this in the fastest time in the industry.
We are a group of modest, dedicated, hard-working, family-friendly, close-knit people who enjoy Christmas parties, family & friend picnics, and a culture of making the extra effort to do what we say we will, and make sure it benefits all of us. Oh, and axe throwing; sometimes we put dangerous weapons in the hands of our employees and no one gets hurt!
And because we are lean, everyone has the opportunity to make decisions, affect changes and see results right away. You can directly drive the success of the company.
At Upstream, we live and work by our culture of collaboration, delivery and respect for each other. When we hand out business cards to our friends and peers, they say: “quae dicimus faciamus” – we do what we say.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations