Sales Representative: Industrial & Commercial Valves, Fittings & Actuation
Location: Lower Mainland / Fraser Valley, British Columbia.
Washington & Oregon, USA.
Required Skill Set:
- Self-motivated and results oriented approach to business.
- Professional accomplishments that reflect strong business development achievements as well as meeting fixed deadlines.
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent team player, customer service oriented and works well under pressure.
M.A. Stewart & Sons Ltd. is a premier service and solutions provider of valves & actuators. The company provides product solutions globally to markets that include commercial / residential mechanical / HVAC, fire protection, agriculture, waterworks, food, Industrial, chemical process, oil & gas.
This outside sales position has direct sales responsibility in the province of British Columbia, Lower Mainland, Pacific Northwest – Washington / Oregon established sales territory. Working under the direction of the Pacific Northwest Sales Manager, the representative is expected to learn and expand upon their knowledge of the Manufactures and Brands that MAS represents. MAS sells through distribution channels; however, ongoing contact with Industrial / Mechanical engineering firms and users is a priority.
- Manage and grow sales in the assigned territory.
- Call on all categories of industry, including wholesaler distributors to promote new and existing product lines and develop favorable specification position.
- Call upon Consulting Engineers to specify product and demonstrate features and benefits through product presentations.
- Working with mechanical contractors to push MAS product through distribution channels.
- Provide complete service to established distributor network, including: quotations, product training, technical and literary support, product complaints, inventory maintenance, and delivery issues.
- Perform product training for end users and distributors to promote advantages of MAS products and enhance specification position.
- Develop cooperative relationships with key distributors and end users.
- Establish MAS brand AML goals and specification objectives.
- Identify significant bid opportunities and provide complete project information, including price strategy.
- Provide after sale service support, including warranty and claims management.
- Actively participate in trade organizations to promote MAS products.
- Continuously update end user database for territory.
- Provide yearly business plan, semi-annual target analysis, regular note report.
- A minimum of five (3 - 5) years outside sales experience in the PVF industry or related field (construction, mechanical piping, etc.).
- PVF experience calling upon the wholesale level as well as calling upon head offices.
- Experience calling upon mechanical engineers and industry end users will be an asset.
- Requires strong analytical skills and multi-tasking between numerous industries.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, decision making, and ability to plan and accomplish required goals.
- Valid driver’s license with no major violations.
- Intermediate computer experience with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint programs.
- High level of outgoing interpersonal skills and ability to communicate.
- Comfortable with public speaking engagements and the ability to deliver presentations to large groups.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business, engineering, or communications- related field or 3-year College diploma.
- Mechanical aptitude is an added asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home