At Hollyburn, we empower growth and inspire change and we’re looking for people to join our team who want to do the same. If this sounds like you, read on. We want you with us!
We are Hollyburn Family Services Society, an industry leading organization that provides unique and robust services to youth, seniors and families facing social issues since 2004. We value the uniqueness of each individual and their inherent capacity for growth. We rely on our core values to create a trusting and safe environment free from harassment and discrimination for our team and for our clients. We treat our employees, clients, and community with fairness, dignity and respect, and as such strive to hire and build a team reflective of these values. We are proud to have a diverse team, all of whom have unique abilities which to enrich the lives of their clients.
You are a team player who can provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, and advising to prepare youth aged 15 – 30 years with barriers for post-secondary education or training success. The program offers an outreach and recruitment components that may begin in high school, potentially coaching youth to graduate or connecting with youth after dropping out. The Youth Education Navigator guides the youth through the educational process up to graduation with follow up post-graduation to secure employment.
The role we are looking to fill is for Youth Education Navigator Worker. This is a part-time 1 year position, 20 hrs/week at $27.07/hr and will be flexible to meet youth needs and availability. The Youth Education Navigator Worker reports to the Manager of Youth Services.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- BA, BSW or Community College Diploma in a related field with a minimum of
- two year experience in social services particular to working with youth and homelessness.
- Familiarity with educational systems and funding grants.
- Working knowledge of mental health, addictions and homelessness..
- Own vehicle, hold a valid B.C. Driver’s Licence and have business insurance with $3,000,000.00 liability.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and directly with sensitivity, both verbally and in writing
You’ll score more points if you have:
- Demonstrated understanding of Educational / Training philosophies
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems and be flexible in approaches.
- Knowledge of issues and resources specific to the community.
- Hold a current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Hold a current CPI certificate (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention)
A sample of what you’ll be doing:
- Performing intakes and assess service eligibility.
- Meet with clients at office or a location convenient for the client to assess needs and create a case plan that prioritizes educational / training plans.
- Help develop educational / training plans for the youth.
- Teach clients budgeting skills, how to navigate social services and self-advocacy skills to encourage self-reliance.
- Maintain client records and complete monthly statistics and other reports as requested in a timely manner.
- Report potential crises, grievances, unusual or reportable circumstances to Youth Services Manager and/or Coordinator and fill out incident reports as required.
If you’re still reading this and are excited to take your career at Hollyburn to the next level, then do not delay! Send your resume and a brief cover letter to and tell us why you the best person for this role by June 4th 2021 @ 4 PM
Application deadline: 2021-06-04
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $27.07 per hour
- First Aid & CPR Level C (preferred)
- Driver License (Class 5) (required)
- Proof of Ability to Legally Work in Canada (required)
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (preferred)