Qualifications for the position are as follows:
An Instructor Therapist is expected to provide individualized Intensive Behavioural Intervention instruction, collect data, conduct graphing, prepare teaching material and participate in meetings with the supervising Senior Therapist(s), BCBA and Psychologist.
- Provide one on one instruction for IBI or instruction to a small ratio of children using ABA principles.
- Liaise with parents regarding daily activities and programs.
- Assess reinforcement (reinforcer assessment sheets).
- Take data on behaviours using ABC sheets and report behaviours to Senior Therapist(s).
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Implement error correction procedures.
- Use behaviour observation methods such as graphing and inter-observer reliability to record data.
- Develop and organize program material.
- Search for pictures online, print, laminate and organize materials for individualized programs or group instruction.
- Perform generalization, maintenance and fluency checks.
- Update maintenance list for individualized programs.
- Update binder after meetings regarding child’s progress.
- Participate in meetings for 10% of program hours with Senior Therapist(s).
- Participate in team meeting with Senior Therapist(s) and Clinical * Psychologist when required.
- Attend TIPES training and staff meetings.
- Complete all work in accordance with the guidelines for Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Know and abide by all of the policies and procedures implemented by the Board of Directors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive and Clinical Directors, Centre Manager and Senior Therapist(s).
- Complete all of assigned paperwork by the end of each week.
- Complete time logs.
- Must have, or be enrolled in, a degree in psychology, human kinetics or related field or completed the Algonquin Autism & Behavioural Science Certification Program (or equivalent program) University Degree or College Diploma in Behaviour Sciences, Psychology or related field.
- Knowledge of Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- Experience in an IBI setting.
- RBT and/or Masters in ABA is considered an asset.
Additional Competencies/Skills :
Demonstrate ability to:
- Use relevant computer technology.
- Have good time management skills.
- Know how to adjust priorities as required.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Deal appropriately with upset children and their families.
- Knowledge of applicable Health and Safety legislation.
- Demonstrate rational judgment of health and safety in unexpected situations.
- Use of a car with valid “G” class Driver’s License.
- Completion and update of First Aid Course and CPR-C training.
- Police Records Check.
Position may be designated bilingual
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, we look forward to receiving your cover letter and resume illustrating your interest and suitability for the position.
Job Type: Full-time
- IBI/ABA: 1 year (Preferred)