The Mechanical Service Technician is a highly motivated tradesman working in the BID Group Service Division. As a key team member of the technical team, you will be involved primarily in field fine-tuning of highly integrated complex electro-mechanical systems; i.e. hydraulic, pneumatic controls, scanning and other sub-systems designed by BID. The ability to travel extensively to client’s sites and maintain a close working relationship with the engineering and project management departments is a must in this role. We empower our people to do their very best and create an environment that will encourage new ideas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to and promote company safety standards.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with BID Group.
- Fine tune highly integrated complex electro-mechanical systems. (equipment, hydraulics, pneumatics, drives, etc.)
- Carry-out scheduled service visits.
- Complete timely & thorough service reports, timecard, & expense reports, etc.
- Contribute to the production engineering process.
Skills and Qualifications
- Millwright certification or equivalent experience.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with solid understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to read fabrication & assembly drawings.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Be honest, autonomous and methodical, with superior attention to detail using sound judgement skills.
- Travel 75% in North America.
- Experience in a Sawmill industry is an asset.
- Have a strong verbal and written communication skill with competent computer skills; Word, Excel, and Email
Job Type: Full-time