As one of Canada’s leading retailers, Canadian Tire stands out for it's commitment to high customer service levels and brands our customers can trust.. Canadian Tire is a leader in product development, innovation and quality through its assortment with strong private and exclusive brands. As a valued part of the Canadian Tire family of companies, our employees across the country are engaged in providing top products and service to our customers each and every day.
As a Manager at Canadian Tire Uxbridge, you are responsible for growing the revenue of the business, while maintaining operational standards. You are passionate and bring a positive and engaged attitude toward our customers and employees.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Encourages and maintains a culture that values excellent customer service to all customers through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Holds team members accountable for providing an excellent customer experience and recognizes those who excel in it.
- Leads by example and consistently delivers an excellent customer experience.
- Implements and follows store policies and procedures that delivers a high quality customer experience
- Constantly reinforces the need to prioritize customers and sets up realistic expectations on task delivery.
- Coaches team members on how to display appropriate customer service behaviours.
- Works as a team with other departments to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Maintains quality presentation, through daily inspections and ensuring all store audit performance requirements are met in the department (e.g., number of holes, labels, top shelf storage, deadlines of seasonal changeovers, cleanliness, facing, fixtures are stored away when not in use, etc.).
- Monitors and improves the productivity of the promotions team through strong leadership, motivation and team building.
- Consistently follows up on work and projects on the floor in order to measure progress, while being visible and available for team members and customers.
- Keeps abreast of upcoming promotions (i.e., deal letter, flyer, etc.) and plans resources and timelines accordingly for the maintenance of the feature areas within the store budget.
- Develops and maintains a weekly plan for current and upcoming deals and advises the Management Team of the promotional plans.
- Executes the weekly deals and ensures the promotional items are placed and priced appropriately in the feature areas.
- Advises appropriate personnel of any products that may require special pricing for sell after the deal.
- Communicates any product shortages to Dealer/General Manager.
- Ensures that all aisles in department are topped up, faced and ready for business before the store closes.
- Manages the sell through discontinued products
- Manages and maintains warehouse aisles relevant to department
- Manages the feature ends, side panels and platform displays within department to maximize sales and profits.
- Provides support to cashiers and customer service representatives for warranties, returns, guarantees, etc.
- Builds and maintains rapport with internal and external customers or vendors, as required.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with company, store and department policies, as well as health and safety programs and regulations.
- Maintains and promotes safety and security procedures and ensures team member compliance with those procedures.
- Participates in training and ensures team member training is completed on time, as required (including Canadian Tire University training).
- Assists in selecting and orientating new employees, store opening and closing responsibilities.
- Communicates daily with his/her team and actively participates in store management meetings.
- Completes other tasks, as required.
- Computer literate (social media, e-mail, portal, etc.).
- Experience in retail sales, execution and operations.
- Good working knowledge of department products and functions.
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership and/or managerial experience or relevant experience.
- Ability to operate a cash register is an asset.
- Experience in a Canadian Tire store is considered an asset but not necessary
Required Skills and Abilities
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong orientation towards customer service excellence.
- Strong belief in the Canadian Tire Values of honesty, integrity and respect.
- Results-oriented individual who thrives on achieving challenging goals.
- Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
- Ability to lead and manage a team to achieve common goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Displays a team-oriented approach.
- Ability to motivate and coach others as well as provide feedback.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow up on team’s activities and projects.
- Ability to find solutions to problems and make decisions.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt and cope with challenging situations.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Warehouse Manager, Store Manager and General Manager.
- Other retail, customer service and management opportunities in a large network of more than 485 Canadian Tire stores across the country.
- Career opportunities across the larger Canadian Tire family (Canadian Tire Petroleum, PartSource, Mark’s, FGL Sports Ltd, Canadian Tire Corporation Limited and Canadian Tire Financial Services).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
In compliance with the store’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures:
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
- Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Lifting above the shoulder, from floor to shoulder and floor to waist.
- Walking and carrying at the same time and pushing/pulling as required.
- Twisting, turning, reaching and working above shoulder level.
Application deadline: 2020-08-07
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing
- Store Discount
- Retail Management: 1 year (Required)