Title: Care Associate with Meds
Reporting To: Director of Wellness
WHAT WE VALUE... PEOPLE
P - PARTICIPATION
E - EXCELLENCE
O - OPENNESS
P - PERFORMANCE
L - LONGEVITY
E - EFFICIENT USE OF RESOURCES
The Care Associate is responsible for delivering care and services according to the policies of the community
and aligned with but not limited to the Retirement Homes Act.
- A graduate of an approved Personal Support Worker (PSW) course or a nursing student from an approved college/university or a graduated registered practical nurse or registered nurse
- Current training certificate in medication administration
- Experienced in working with seniors in a Retirement Home setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Current CPR & First Aid Certificate
- Knowledge and understanding of the Retirement Homes Act and other applicable legislation
- Familiar with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
Essential Duties are the technical skills and knowledge that an employee requires in order to perform their
role. Below is detailed information on required Essential Duties for your position.
1. Performs a wide variety of tasks that may include general housekeeping, laundry, recreational activities and providing general assistance with personal care and daily living activities of Residents
2. Provides direction and guidance to Residents in the provision of activities for daily living as per care plan
3. Monitors Resident’s level of wellness and responds to medical emergencies
4. Responsible for the safe and accurate administration of medications for Residents in stable condition, including the appropriate documentation
5. Ensures the recording and safekeeping of all drugs, including controlled drugs and narcotics
6. Observing and reporting changes in the Resident’s physical and emotional condition to the Registered associates as required
7. Reorders drugs and maintains accurate records according to established policies and procedures
8. Maintains effective communication with Residents, families and fellow associates
9. Promotes the Vision, Mission and Values of Lifetimes Living Inc. as well as the Residents’ Bill of Rights
10. Other duties as assigned
We are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment, in accordance with industry standards and in compliance with legislative requirements, which includes taking steps to prevent/minimize occupational
injury and illness.
We are also committed to meeting the accessibility standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, including making accessibility an integral part of recruiting, hiring and supporting employees with disabilities.
A physical demands analysis is required by an employer to determine whether an employee has the medical ability, critical strength, and mobility to safely work in a specific job. It provides the information to compare the abilities of an employee with what is required to safely perform the tasks of the position. Please refer to the Health and Safety Manual for position specific physical demands analysis.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual