Dramis Communications Solutions Ltd. is a leader throughout Atlantic Canada delivering of IP solutions to business. We provide integrated IP solutions tailored to the individual and unique requirements of business utilizing best of breed manufacturers products and solutions. As our name suggests Dramis is in the business of implementing Communications solutions that can include network cabling, intrusion detection, access control, video surveillance, wireless, telephony, networking, nursecall and intelligent building solutions. Job Description:
Security Installation Technician/service technician to perform high quality installations, programming, testing of security systems, Card Access Systems and intrusion system solutions. Installation of cable when required.
Primary responsibilities / tasks:
- Work in outdoor and indoor conditions year-round
- Knowledge of a buildings envelope and its construction
- Experience reading blueprints and electrical documents*
- Basic understanding of networking, switches, program routers**
- Ability to work on ladders, scissor lifts and other aerial lifts**
- Installation and fishing cable through walls, drop ceilings and conduit as well as terminating CAT5/6 cable with RJ45 and and all other cable end types.**
- Mounting network racks and wall enclosures**
- Experience in use of test equipment such as multi-meter, tone generator, fluke network testing equipment**
- Setup and configure IP addresses for cameras and computer equipment**
- Setup computer hardware, software use and client training**
- Installation. service and programming of Access Control, CCTV, and Intrusion systems**
- Install, service and maintain CCTV (Network Video, Digital Video and Hybrid Video Systems), video security systems.**
- Installing and troubleshooting IP Cameras, DVRs/NVRs, commercial/residential alarm systems**
- Installing and terminating door strikes and card reader**
- Intercoms and Telephone Entry Systems and asset.**
- Experience with alarm panels, keypads, door contacts, motion detectors, glass break sensors, sirens, cabling, programming and connection to central stations**
- Access Control Systems – Must possess experience with card readers, electronic locking hardware, request to exit devices, keypads, access door controllers, system software and cabling*
Educational /Technical Requirements:
- High School diploma
- Community College diploma in Electronics Technician/Technology or IT related discipline
- Experience with the following brands: , DSC, Keyscan, Pelco, Avigilon, Genetek
- IP cameras - Axis, Hikvision, Avigilon, Pelco
- CFAA certification
- Computer Networking Courses
- Knowledge of ULC regulations related to fire alarm monitoring and intrusion protection
- Current CANASA ACT level 1 or level 2 certification
- Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word
- Commitment to upgrading and continuing their education
- Other Requirements:
- Highly organized and able to work under pressure
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- The ability to meet deadlines and commitments and to adjust/adapt to new ideas and procedures
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Maintain accurate records and document installation, service and maintenance work.
- Maintain vehicle inventory for parts and tools. Responsible for overall cleanliness of vehicle, both interior and exterior, and ensuring that routine maintenance is performed on a regular basis.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment by following safe practices; keeping security information confidential
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Must be well-organized, self-starter and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks and manage time. Require excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must maintain professional ethics, appearance, and demeanor.
- Ability to train end-users in the proper operation of their system.
- Meet customers at their site to survey, discuss and develop job requirements
- Relay field reports regarding customer requirements to supervisor
- Receive dispatch instruction from Service Manager
- Must be available to perform off-hour emergency response on a pre-scheduled basis
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Work independently or in team environments
- Utilize company portal for dispatch and completion of timesheets and customer work orders
- Must have valid driver’s license with a good driving record. Driver Abstract will be required
A criminal back ground check will be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $25.00 /hour
- structured cabling: 3 years (Preferred)