The Mount Continuing Care Community is currently seeking a Permanent (100%) Multi-Service Worker (Note: this position will require you to work evenings) for our long-term care facility in Charlottetown, PEI. Reporting to the multi-service supervisor, the multi-service worker is responsible for cleaning the building, doing laundry, and assisting with the delivery of meals and kitchen clean up. The multi-service worker will also act in compliance with Provincial Community Care and Nursing Care Regulations.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 equivalency or considerable experience with nursing home or hospital cleaning.
- WHMIS training is an asset.
- Up to date CPR.
- Up to date immunizations.
- Ability to work as a team member and ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain cleanliness of the entire building.
- Change bedding, dust, and clean the washrooms of each resident, as well as public washrooms.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum floors and carpets throughout the facility.
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect all common areas including, lobbies, elevators, sitting rooms, and other facilities.
- Clean-up of bodily fluids and excrement (urine, feces, blood, vomit) when required.
- Empty all waste bins and dispose of contents appropriately.
- Ensure toiletries and supplies are fully stocked for each resident and throughout the building.
- Transport soiled linen.
- Utilize and understand the use of multiple cleaning products.
- Assist with meals.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Other duties as required.
- Competitive Salary
- Health & Dental Package
- Employee rate gym membership
- Employee rate meal plan
- Frequent use of powered and non-powered tools and equipment.
- Frequent handling of cleaning products.
- Frequent interaction with residents, family members, and the public.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
- English (Preferred)