Hay's Woodworking Group Ltd., has been in the design/build industry for over 8 years. During this time, our reputation among designers has been to provide exceptional quality in high-end residential projects. We combine old-world craftsmanship with truly unique and innovative designs. Our projects range anywhere from traditional kitchen and bathroom plans to ultra-contemporary wine cellars, libraries, home theaters and offices.
We are looking for two motivated highly skilled candidate to join our millwork production team for a full-time cabinetmaker position who can take projects from conception to completion with a high quality thereby maintaining a high standard of production quality in both, commercial and residential custom projects.
- Knowledge of woodworking materials, veneers and wood species.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications;
- Trim joints and fit parts together to form complete unit using glue and clamps and reinforce joints using nails, screws or other fasteners;
- Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products;
- Mark outlines or dimensions of parts on wood;
- Set up and operate saws and other woodworking machines (power saws, jointer, planing, grooving, bending, grinding, turning, and shaper to cut, shape and form parts.);
- Repair and refinish furniture and cabinets;
- Assemble production millwork and install hardware (drawer slides, hinges, locks, etc.);
- Select and apply non-wood laminates, sand veneers and evaluate products;
- Construct inlays from different species of wood into complex furniture pieces;
- Bend furniture and cabinet components;
- Operate a corian oven applying proper techniques for temperature control and molding of various materials;
- Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products.
Minimum Qualifications required for the Position:
- Perform simple math;
- Calculating the required quantity of the material;
- Detailed and conscientious;
- Major Work Area: Custom Work;
- Type of Establishment/Work Setting Experience: Commercial, residential design-build millwork shop;
- Area of Specialization: custom design and build residential and commercial projects from conception to completion;
Must have at least one of the following:
- 3 years of cabinetmaking experience;
- Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program.
- Certificate of Qualification as a cabinetmaker;
- Millwork related education;
- Maintain clean and safe work environment;
- The ability to learn & improve existing technology of production;
- Contribute to maintaining the specifications of design and quality;
- Organizational and planning skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Problem-solving skills;
Salary: $27/hour based on experience
Please send your resume and cover letter subject “Cabinetmaker” or contact us by Mail: 1586 Bonhill Rd., Mississauga, ON L5T 1C7. Provide a contact number and email address in your resume in the order it to be processed and considered.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Industry: Industrial Manufacturing
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $27.00 per hour