We offer the best in plumbing fixtures and supplies. We are a major distributor of major brands. We also manufacture our very own in-house brand. Visit our website to find out more about us...
CONTROLLER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and year-end financial statements according to accounting standards and principles.
- The FS must be presented and approved by the Board of Directors (BOD).
- Prepare Power point presentations for the board of directors by the 20th of the following month
- Cost accounting will be required for the manufacturing division of the business
- Maintain all accounting schedules and reconcile to the general ledger
Be responsible for the Internal Audit of key areas and departments, maintain and improve system controls, policies and procedures.
- Prepare the annual budget
- Liaise with external auditors and ensure the FS statements are prepared on time
- Annual Business and fleet insurance
- Responsible for the quarterly, semiannual and yearend inventory count
- Prepare and remit GST, PST, EHT and corporate taxes to the respective authorities
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Prepare and maintain the employee payroll
- Maintain proper documentation, performance reviews and other matters for all employee files
- Ensure the Employee extended medical is reconciled on a monthly basis
LEADERSHIP AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Provide guidance to the leadership team using financial projections, flexed budgets, extrapolations and forecasts.
- Maintain healthy relationships with financial institutions, vendors, customers., etc.
- Lead the accounting department mainly AP, AR and revenue processing
- Must be willing to call & negotiate payment terms or deploy other collections processes with delinquent customers.
- Be the main point of contact for system related queries and liaison with the ERP providers
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be a qualified CPA
- Must be good with Microsoft Office especially excel and word.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with change management will be an asset.
- Must have had experience in a controller role for a least 2 years.
- Hands on experience with an ERP system will be preferred
Other responsibilities may be added from time to time to fit the needs of the organisation.
We wish you all the success with the application but note that only the qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Controller: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)