Harrison Hot Springs Resort is currently recruiting for the position of Room Attendant.
About our company:
Harrison Hot Springs and the Eastern Fraser Valley is a beautiful place to live, work and play. We would love to have you join our amazing team and share the high quality of life that we have come to enjoy.
At Harrison Hot Springs Resort, our guests discover a location unlike any other destination in the world. We know the care and customer service we offer our guests leads to special experiences for them. We endeavour to exceed guest expectations and deliver outstanding products and hospitality services. Even though we welcome thousands of guests each year, we will focus on individuals and what we can do to make them feel like they are at home.
Overlooking Harrison Lake, the Harrison Hot Springs Resort offers the following amenities: five mineral hot springs pools, the Healing Springs Spa, three restaurants and a coffee bar, extensive banquet and catering options, Resort Golf Course and Resort Marina.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports for scheduled shift in complete uniform, signs -in on; Housekeeping sign-in sheet collects zone sheets, room attendant task sheet, and signs for daily pass keys on Housekeeping key control at scheduled time.
- Attends morning meeting with the Manager or Housekeeping Supervisors.
- Checks ZONE sheet and discusses special instructions with the Manager or Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Checks needs lists and bring items listed to assigned floors. (When needed)
- Places zone sheets on clipboard and keeps zone sheet up to date at all times, by signing name and a ‘OK” for Vacant and clean rooms or a “ to signify a stay-over room by the room number. Zone sheet are to never be displayed on a Room Attendants cart when cart is not attended.
- Room Attendant is to ensure the cart is well stocked and organized.
- Checks and maintains vacuum to ensure vacuum brushes are debris free, checks disposable vacuum bags to ensure bag is not full and empties all cloth vacuum bags on a daily basis.
- Begins day with an inspection of hallways, picking up room service tray and placing them in the appropriate area picking up any debris on carpets or floors ensuring the absence of cobwebs and dust on hallways furniture (where applicable) spot vacuuming any areas with excessive debris. Reporting any damage or maintenance / engineering issues (e.g. ripped wall paper, Burnt out lighting).
- Begins cleaning vacant and dirty rooms, stay-over room with the make-up sign displayed and concentrating mainly on “Queued” check-out room and check-out rooms after 11:00 AM, ensuring all check-out room are completed for 4:00 PM check-in times.
- Enters guest room by knock three times and announcing “Housekeeping”, keeping in mind that rooms listed on zone sheet, as a stay-over room, displaying a “Do Not Disturb sign” are not to be disturbed, and rooms that are listed as a check-out room on the daily zone sheet are not to be entered until after 11:00 AM, unless instructed by the Manager or Housekeeping Supervisors.
- Responds willingly to guest requests for immediate service in a guest room keeping in mind guest security and confidentiality.
- Props open guest room doors and positions Room Attendant carts while working in a room to ensure guest and team member safety.
- Ensures complete cleaning of guest rooms, including patios and windows, and daily tasks (as specified on Room Attendants’ check-list, to established Resort standards.
- Ensures “GREENLIFE” recycling procedures are followed to resort standards, changing linen and placing recyclable items in appropriate bins/bags where applicable. Ensuring all chemicals are properly labeled and dispended.
- Lost and found items are to be bagged and labeled with description of item, location of where item was found, current date and name of room attendant. All lost and found items are to be brought down to lost and found department at earliest convenience on daily basis.
- Ensures all rooms are cleaned ensuring amenities, guest letters and applicable stock is placed or replaced in rooms to resort standards.
- Ensures all patios and guest room doors are secured on completion of room cleaning. Turning out lights and setting heat/air conditioning to appropriate seasonal settings.
- Reports any suspicious activities or behaviour on the floors to the Manager or Housekeeping Supervisors.
- Makes notes of damages or damaged items in rooms and forwards immediate requests to engineering or maintenance department, all maintenance request or engineering request not fulfilled during the day must be brought forward to the Manager or Housekeeping Supervisors.
- Able to accept constructive criticism from the Manager or Housekeeping Supervisors and correct any oversight mistakes or changes upon room checks.
- Keeps and maintains a clean and organized working area all times.
- Replenishes cart with linen and supplies. Bags dirty rags for delivery to laundry department and replenishes ragbag with fresh rags. Distributes all recyclable goods to appropriate containers.
- Counts remaining linen in Rooms attendant’s linen closet cleans and prepares closet for next day. (Taking up needs to floors when time permits)
- Turns in keys, and signs key control to verify return. Turns in zone sheets, daily linen inventory, daily rooms’ linen inventory, and room attendant daily check list, insuring that the Manager or Housekeeping Supervisors are aware of any uncompleted rooms, work orders, or guest concerns at the end of shift.
- Sign out on the Housekeeping sign -in sheet noting hours worked and initial.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. And within time frames allotted by resort standards the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Room Attendants are to clean and maintain an average of approximately 14 rooms during an 8 hours shift, 12 rooms during a 7 hours shift and 10 rooms during a 6 hour shift.
- Some stress resulting from daily guest interactions (internal and external), budgetary, and time constraints.
- Other job related duties may be assigned.
NIGHT DELIVERIES (Room Attendant)
The Night Deliveries (Room Attendant) ensures the comfort of our guests by ensuring turn down service, deliveries of items requested by guest and cleaning tasks assigned by the Manager or Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Deliveries are variable hours but predominately 2:30 PM to 11:30 PM.
- Night Deliveries person is responsible in receive and confirm all radio calls directed to deliveries.
- Night Deliveries include the deliveries of robe, towels and various or additional amenities
- Hand in Daily Cot Delivery sheet to front desk at end of shift.
- Spot check all public washrooms, restaurant outlets washrooms and outdoor change rooms.
- Collect and make up all cot and cribs remaining in resort hallways or Housekeeping.
- Restock Housekeeping cupboards of all supplies needed.
- Vacuum Housekeeping out area including seamstress area.
- Pick up list for turn down service from front desk area before 6:30 PM.
- Mange and perform all nightly turn downs
- Deliver needs to the Room Attendant cupboards as specified on the needs list, including water to the appropriate cupboards on odd and even days.
- Ensure new linen is delivered and dirty linens are picked up from the Healing Springs Spa before 9:00 PM.
- Clean and organize night maid desk.
- Clean Housekeeping lunch room.END OF SHIFT TASKS
- Complete all paperwork detailing all deliveries and completed tasks.
- Ensure uniform door is shut at end of shift.
- Turn off radio and plug in to appropriate charger.
- Ensure back door, back door with lock, housekeeping linen door are locked and secured.
- Hand in completed task sheet under door in housekeeping office.
- Hand in keys.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 1 year of proven previous work history in a high-paced, physically demanding work environment preferred
- Minimum 1 year of proven previous cleaning work history preferred
- Ability to safely lift, push, pull, carry, possibly up to 50 pounds depending on the task required
- Proven ability to carry out instructions in standardized situations
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in an efficient manner
- WHMIS preferred
- Ability to observe all safety procedures when handling chemicals
- Proven previous experience as both an independent worker and as a team player required
- Ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external guests
- Ability to prioritize efficiently and provide service based on prompt service of changing guests’ needs
- Proven ability to follow company and resort standards, rules and regulations
- Proven ability to multi-task and take direction well required
- Proven Safe Work and reliable attendance record required
- Proven organizational skills required
- Being multi-lingual is an asset
- Flexible to a changing schedule
$14.93 - $19.90 / hr.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.93 to $19.90 /hour
- housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)