In response to our rapid growth and international development, we are seeking a motivated and communicative Logistics and Packaging Coordinator to help build out our operational capacity. As a new position, applicants must be able to demonstrate their willingness to take initiative and ownership of their work, as well as show an aptitude for scalable solutions thinking in order to maintain and implement and adapt to the new challenges in the International Trade.
As Logistics and Packaging Coordinator, key position functions include:
- Manage inbound, outbound, and return shipments (RMAs) from Canada our headquarters and from our 3PL Warehouse in the UK.
- Perform data entry for import and export documentation.
- Negotiate and prepare rate and cost estimates for client submissions.
- Provide excellent customer service by efficiently coordinating the needs of internal and external customers.
- Send instructions to carriers in addition to preparing, processing, checking for accuracy and shipping all export related documents related to the cargo.
- Ensure shipment paperwork is compliant with local and international law.
- Liaise with our customs broker to resolve any classification issues.
- Monitor and maintain our Transportation Management Cost by filling it with daily outbound orders in the system in order to keep track of the expenses as well for review with upper management.
- Manage inventory levels using our ERP Wrike (orders packed and built) to ensure we fulfill our deliveries deadlines.
- Ensure all inbound its properly marked and picture it's taken using our ERP System.
- Direct and coordinate assigned group of employees (Packaging staff) to ensure that goals are met in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the development of packaging requirements, taking into consideration the final destination of the orders and or the mode of transportation.
- Ability to coach, train/develop packaging employees on applying proper process, and documents in accordance with the logistics department.
- Manage inventory levels of packaging supplies in order to request a purchase order
- Ensure the quality of products packed.
- Bachelor’s, DEC, AEC degree in Logistics or International Business
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of proven experience in Logistics mainly as Logistics Coordinator not forwarding experience using multimode of transportation
- Packaging coordinator experience of 1-2 years
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Fluent French and English, speaking and writing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite, ERP systems and if NetSuite (asset)
Friendly staff, Opportunity for growth, Growing business/industry, Corporate medical plan
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday