Gelpac is a solid and growing company with more than 250 skilled employees who put their ingenuity, expertise and enthusiasm to create the best product and make all our clients satisfied.
We offer many advantages…
- Business growing company
- Permanent position
- 5 sick days per year
- Group insurance with employer contribution
- Great opportunities to grow in the company
- Challenges and team work
- Annual salary increase
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Supervisor / Project Engineer for our facility in Brampton. The Maintenance Supervisor will manage the maintenance team and work on maintenance projects, health and safety projects as well as resolve troubleshooting daily with his team. We are looking for a team player for whom the day to day challenges of a manufacturing environment brings out their very best. You will work in collaboration with the production department and all other associated departments as well.
Responsibilities and challenges
- Ensure the lead role in management of maintenance team while implementing new project development as well improvement modification to existing equipment.
- Oversight and negotiate contracts with sub-contractors.
- Management of budgets and cost effective means of repair and replacement.
- Ensure facility meets government regulations including environmental and health and safety standards.
- Purchase all parts for repair and maintenance of existing equipment to achieve expedited results in placing the equipment back into service without compromising safety in any way.
- Address issues surrounding the safe operation of all equipment and facility as top priority.
- Retrofit and modification to existing equipment with new technology to improve efficiency.
- Development and implementation of maintenance program.
- Responsible for coordination and execution of all maintenance activities (preventative, predictive and emergency for both building and equipment.
- Actively involved in the purchasing, installation and operation of new equipment.
- Work with Quality Assurance and Production for process control program implementation and continuous improvement of equipment performance monitoring.
- Responsible for completing all corrective action reports in an orderly and timely fashion.
- Responsible for keeping inventory of all tools, parts and lubricants for day-to-day use.
- Maintain and organize maintenance workshop area.
- Ensure that safety regulations, safe work & hygiene practices as well as operating instructions are clearly applied by the maintenance team as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act regulations.
- Education diploma in engineering or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in manufacturing as a Maintenance Supervisor.
- Relevant experience in the flexible packaging industry is an asset.
- Respectful management style and interpersonal communication skills Maintenance Supervisor.
- Analytical skills, aptitude for problem solving as well as a quick and efficient ability to make decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Mastery of computer tools such as the MS Office suite.
Would you like to apply or find out more? Send us your resume via this website.
We are located at 125 East Drive, Brampton, L6T 1B5
Job Type: Permanent