The Centre for Computational Medicine (CCM) is currently developing several exciting projects in close collaboration with geneticists, clinicians, and researchers. At SickKids images are increasingly being used as a primary source of information when assessing the wellness of patients and when unraveling the cellular mechanisms of life. We therefore are expanding our software development team to support more image based research projects which involves:
- Software Infrastructure for researchers to store, organize, and search their image sets.
- Computer Vision to analyze, quantify, segment and measure images.
One such project is the SickKids Diagnostic Imaging Archive, deployed for 200 million images (CT scans, X-Rays, MRIs, etc.) captured at SickKids and used by machine learning researchers to develop sophisticated disease detection algorithms. The successful candidate will be working on development and deployment of the SickKids Diagnostic Imaging Archive.
Why join the Centre for Computational Medicine (CCM):
- Write software with real impact on the health and medical treatment of children across the world
- Write software that runs in the High Performance Computing Facility (HPF), which includes over 20,000 CPUs and over 70 TB RAM.
- Work closely with experts in the fields of genetics, cell biology, computer science and A.I.
- Work in the largest high-rise research facility in Canada, built in 2013.
- Be part of a collaborative R&D environment.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do:
- Perfecting the way our users can interact with data through improved user interface and visualization techniques.
- Integrating novel automated analysis methods as they are being developed by us and our research collaborators.
- Interoperation with various open source projects in the biomedical ecosystem.
- Performance analysis and improvements, targeting scalability for very large patient databases.
- Extensive security to protect sensitive patient data.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelors level education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with full-stack development and system administration.
- Knowledge of Ubuntu, Linux, bash, and command line.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Knowledge of databases and ElasticSearch.
- Knowledge of computer vision is an asset, not required.
- Knowledge of biology/medicine is an asset, not required.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
Job Type: Contract
- Software Development: 3 years (Preferred)