Mechanic - Heavy Equipment Mechanic (421A)
CDC Contracting Inc.
Position will be a part of our equipment maintenance team to perform all maintenance and repairs to equipment both preventative and reactive.
- Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds, and maintains construction equipment, such as cranes, excavators, scrapers, loaders, motor graders, trench-digging machines, bulldozers, pumps, compressors and pneumatic tools.
- Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions.
- Tests overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Welds broken parts and structural members.
- May direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
- Rebuilding of Engines
- Hydraulic Repairs
- Electrical Wiring
- Advanced knowledge of tool and equipment
- Knowledge of equipment repair and diagnostic software
- Strong problem solving skills
- Professional, approachable, and problem solving oriented
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and within tight deadlines
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Dependable and punctual
- 421A Licence in good standing with Ontario College of Trades
- High School Diploma or Post-secondary education in heavy equipment repair or a combination of related education and experience
- 5+ years related experience in the construction industry
- 10+ years of experience in a Technician position
- Proficient understanding of diagnostic software and operation
- Valid Driver’s License and Driver’s Abstract are required
- We offer an excellent, competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Heavy Equipment Operator: 5 years (Preferred)
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic: 5 years (Preferred)