Heatherlea Farm Shoppe is looking for a Line/Prep Cook Team Member!
If you are passionate about local "made from scratch" food, love to cook, preserve and prepare food dishes, we’d love to have you on our team! Heatherlea serves up delicious sandwiches and baked goods in the cafe, as well as frozen soups and entrees for the retail store.
Our business is growing. We are looking for a talented and driven candidate that can work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with others, be passionate about producing consistent, quality food and be focused on excellence in customer satisfaction.
The Line/Prep Cook reports to the Owner & Kitchen Supervisor, and is responsible for the following:
· Food production and preparation
· Ensure kitchen cleanliness and organization
· Assist with inventory and ordering
· Follow daily/weekly/monthly food production targets
· Follow established prep lists and proper ingredient measuring to achieve consistancy
· Prepare cooking ingredients
· Ensure quality control measures are followed and assessed on an ongoing basis
· Follow proper hygiene practices and food safety requirements
· Assist with Food Service when required
· Clean station and take care of food leftovers
· Reliable and hard working
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to follow a recipe accurately (to produce consistent taste and appearance of products)
· Ability to work independently and remain efficient
· Excellent organization, planning and time management skills
· Strong people skills and communication abilities
· Ability to work with a dynamic and diverse team
· Effective Oral and Written communication skills
· Excellent customer service
· Valid driver’s license and means of transportation
· Ability to lift to 25 kg on an occasional basis
If this sounds like it might be the role for you, please send your cover letter & resume to Pat McArthur – Owner at the email provided when the application is submitted
Heatherlea Farm Shoppe
17049 Winston Churchill Blvd
Caledon, On L7K 1J1
To see what is special about our Angus herd, farm, and store. Our farm in Caledon is within the Greater Toronto Area and is close to cities such as Orangeville, Georgetown and the Town of Erin.
Heatherlea is an equal opportunity employer and we value the unique and growing diversity within Canada. We welcome everyone to apply! Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest in Heatherlea Farm Shoppe!
Heatherlea is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. If any accommodations need to be made during the interview process please inform HR.
All resume information is received in confidence. While we appreciate and thank all applicants, we will only directly contact those candidates selected for interview.
Related keywords: cook, line cook, prep cook, line cook/prep cook
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.25-$17.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All customers and staff to wear masks. Frequent sanitization in effect.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- line cook: 1 year (required)
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place