Human Resources Officer
The Canadian Association of University Teachers, a progressive labour organization representing more than 72,000 academic and general staff at 123 colleges and universities across Canada, is seeking to fill the position of Human Resources Officer in Ottawa, ON.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, HR and Operations, the position is responsible for all aspects of human resource management, including but not limited to, staff relations and dispute resolution, coordination of collective bargaining, compensation and benefits management, coordination of performance evaluations and training, recruitment and onboarding, classification, maintenance of HR databases and files, development of HR policies, and, advising senior management and participation to various joint employer-union committees.
- Knowledge of the principles of employment equity, human rights obligations, harassment prevention and issues of accommodation in the workplace.
- Empathetic with strong active listening skills;
- Strong clerical, organizational and administration skills;
- Teamwork and collaboration skills;
- Ability to use word processing, database, spreadsheet and presentation software applications;
- Exceptional communication skills required to liaise between staff and management;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while exhibiting strong initiative and Judgment;
- Excellent planning, multi-tasking and priority management skills;
- Ability to interpret and apply guidelines within established policies and procedures.
Qualifications and experience
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or a relevant field is required;
- Professional Human Resources designation is required;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position in a unionized environment is preferable;
- Experience in the delivery of compensation and benefits services required;
- Experience working with the ADP Workforce Now platform or a similar platform an asset;
- Experience and/or training in alternative conflict resolution techniques an asset;
- English essential (written and oral) and French (written and oral) a definite asset.
The starting salary will be commensurate with experience for a full-time 35 hours per week with an excellent benefit package.
Interested candidates should submit their application by email no later than 5:00 pm on Monday, August 10th, 2020. Applications should be addressed to the Executive Director and are to include a cover letter and resume. References will be required following the first interview.
CAUT is committed to the principles of employment equity and seeks to diversify its workforce. Indigenous people, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQ2S, racialized people, and/or women are actively encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated confidentially. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: CAUT HR Officer 2020
Application deadline: 2020-08-10
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $95,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Temporarily due to COVID-19