Receives and directs incoming telephone calls to the appropriate department through a multi-line Switchboard. Ensures all emergency services are coordinated in accordance to the nature of the emergency such as paging: medical and hospital staff, codes and emergency alarms through our locating system.
- Minimum of Grade 12.
- Operator training/certification or customer service experience is an asset.
- Minimum 1 or 2 year of recent related switchboard experience required (hospital environment preferred).
- Minimum 1 or 2 year of customer service experience required.
- Excellent reading, written and oral communication skills required.
- Excellent l istening skills (accuracy in taking & relaying messages).
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Proficient Computer skills, typing skills (35 - 40 wpm), including composing emails with a high level of accuracy.
- Comfortab le using Public Address system (making overhead announcements with clear pronunciation).
- Maintaining strict patient confidentiality per hospital policy.
- Demonstrated flexibility as it relates to hours of work, must be available to work weekends, s tatutory holidays and to provide ad-hoc coverage as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team in a demanding environment.
- Proven innovation in problem solving with the ability to think critically and conflict r esolution skills required.
- Ability to work well under pressure working accurately.
- Demonstrate the standards of behavior as determined by Toronto East General Hospital.
- Ability to work for long periods of time in a seated position.
- Ability to work consistently with a keyboard and number pad in a fast paced environment.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN), (formerly Toront o East General Hospital) agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abid ing by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.