The Opportunity: :
McElhanney Ltd. is looking for a Commissioned BC Land Surveyor for our Victoria, BC branch to manage land development and infrastructure projects, utility right of way surveys, topographic surveys, construction and engineering layout, surveys on provincial and First Nations lands, and to provide advice to clients. Our culture of teamwork, mentorship and career growth make this position ideal for the successful candidate to both mentor junior staff, and to be mentored by senior management and surveying specialists within our organization.
Did you know that our Victoria branch recently celebrated their 10-year anniversary? Although McElhanney has been around since 1910, our young Victoria office has quickly grown into a team of 60+, servicing survey, environmental, bridge and civil engineering services. For additional information on Vancouver Island teams, visit our customized Vancouver Island careers page.
What You’ll Be Doing:
What You’ll Bring:
- Working in a team setting to establish project scope, budget and schedule, and other project or client expectations
- Leading survey crews on projects; communicating scope and scheduling information to crew members
- Managing project budgets and financial reporting
- Managing various survey project types including legal, land development (subdivisions) and infrastructure, topographic, engineering and construction layout
- Liaising with both internal (McElhanney) and external Project Managers and clients
- Preparing accurate field notes and drawings, managing information flow from field to final deliverables
- Providing mentorship, guidance, and training to assist with subordinate’s professional development
- Ensuring quality assurance procedures are carried out for proposals, field returns, drawings, legal plans, documents, proposals and other deliverables
- Providing advice to clients on property and legal survey matters
- Other duties as required.
- BCLS accreditation or LST with strong office skills; CLS commission is an asset. Commissioned Land Surveyors from other jurisdictions with intent to attain ABCLS commission will be considered
- Diploma or degree in Geomatics and at least 5 years’ progressive experience overall with strong data processing/computations skills
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Proficiency in computer applications (MSCAD or Civil3D and GNSS processing software at minimum)
- Valid driver’s license
- Periods of travel may be required for the role
This role is designated as a safety sensitive position.
What Can We Offer You?:
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle
- Maternity leave top-up and parental leave
- Extended health and dental coverage, healthcare spending account, and RRSP matching
- Employee & Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support online or over the phone
- A workplace culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
- Competitive salary, participation in our generous performance bonus plan, and opportunity to join an employee-owned firm with potential share ownership
- Financial assistance to support your relocation (if applicable)
- Continuous support for your growth through professional development reimbursement, mentorship programs, and opportunity to join numerous internal committees.
For a full review of our projects, please visit our online portfolio: https://www.mcelhanney.com/portfolio
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.:
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers: to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.