Shanahan’s Limited Partnership is western Canada’s largest manufacturer of metal doors, pressed steel frames and steel specialty products for the institutional and commercial construction and renovation markets. Shanahan’s has an immediate opening for an experienced Division 8 Estimator.
We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated, self-starter to join our Hardware team. Reporting to the Chief Estimator, you’ll be primarily responsible for bidding and tendering upcoming projects.
- Review architectural drawings and specifications to determine product requirements
- Perform quantity take-off for doors
- Obtain competitive pricing from outside vendors
- Collect pricing and create estimations for current tenders.
- Maintain tendering processes, and cost monitoring and reporting systems
- Review specifications, pricing, and competitive quotes received for accuracy
- Request clarifications from the architectural consultant / general contractor as required
- Provide answers to contractors’ questions.
- Correctly manage all opportunities within company systems
- Minimum High School diploma.
- Architectural diploma/degree would be an asset
- Minimum 1 - 2 years’ Experience/knowledge of Division 8 products
- Commercial building industry estimating experience
- Must be able to work well under time pressure
- Working knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills and a team player
- Architectural diploma/degree
- Must be able to multi-task, working on several projects at the same time
- AHC, CSC, or CDC accreditation considered a strong asset.
- Strong organizational skills a strong asset.
We offer a benefit package, matching RRSP’s as well as solid career advancement opportunities. Shanahan’s would like to thank you in advance for your interest and would like to note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Division 8 Commercial Construction Estimating: 2 years (Preferred)
- Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)