*** Please do not apply if you do not have post secondary education. Thank you! ***
Job Position: Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
YXM International Ltd. provides all aspects of immigration and education consulting services to clients all over the world. We are also accredited by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) to provide fingerprints based criminal record check. The role of Administrative Assistant will work closely with our consultants and clients and be primarily focused on Canadian immigration, education matters and fingerprinting services. The position will also assist with file opening and closing, document collecting, billing, filing and related administrative matters.
NOTE: This position is required to take some receptionist responsibilities.
Work Location: Edmonton, Alberta
- Answering telephone, dealing with inquires, and taking detailed messages.
- Reviewing, sorting and prioritizing incoming e-mail, and taking action or responding to requests as needed.
- Arranging internal and external meetings, and booking appointments.
- Opening and maintaining client files according to established procedures.
- Maintaining case management system and keeping client information up to date.
- Tracking process of client applications and status of documents, following up with clients on expiry dates and renewals.
- Collecting documents from clients and following up with clients as required.
- Preparation of application forms and supporting documents.
- Compiling and collating application package.
- Drafting letters for team to government authorities and clients.
- Photocopying, filing and scanning correspondence and documents.
- Arranging and monitoring couriers.
- Providing assistance to individuals requesting criminal record information at the counter and by telephone.
- Performing fingerprinting work on persons that require security clearance.
- Collecting processing fees, issuing receipts and completing daily cash deposits.
- Perform other administrative tasks as may be required.
- Required to pass a fingerprints based criminal record check.
- Post-secondary education is required.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) are essential.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent technical skills including proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Team player and ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of a second language is desired.
- Knowledge of social media marketing and graphics design is desired.
- Flexibility to work overtime when required.
- Previous experience working in a professional services firm is an asset.
- Applicant may be tested.
How to Apply: (IMPORTANT! Please read carefully)
- Send your Cover Letter and Resume to HR @ yxm.ca (remove space to correct email format) orthrough this website
- Include the Job Number: 19-EDM-AA-0924 in the subject of the email
- Please do NOT call or fax, do not send to any other email addresses (sending to other email addresses, applying in person, or calling our office, etc would result an automatic rejection of application)
- Please do NOT apply multiple times or send multiple emails
- Please include your salary expectation (we will not reply if no salary expectation provided)
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for follow-up. Priority will be given to Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Administrative Support: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Edmonton, AB (Preferred)