Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres is a CARF Accredited, leading provider of treatment for people coping with addiction and mental health issues, in both residential and out-patient settings. We are a rapidly expanding private organization with multiple locations across Ontario. We have established a reputation for excellence throughout our industry and offer a full spectrum of treatment services to help our clients. Our approach to both addiction and mental health treatment is unrivaled in the Canadian marketplace.
We are seeking a compassionate and caring Chef / Cook to join our team located in Gores Landing /Port Hope Ontario.
Anticipated Regular hours are from 6:30 am to 5:30 pm Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. (Hours/days are subject to change).
The chef is responsible for all the nutritional needs. Including a very high level of hygiene, good interpersonal communication and customer service skills, the ability to work as part of a team, time management and the ability to work under pressure and stay calm in difficult situations. The chef is responsible for all kitchen planning budgeting, food and recipe recording, tools & equipment and ensuring cleanliness of all areas.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing and serving food for guests, special events, and meetings
- Accommodating guests who have dietary restrictions
- Creating menus
- Keeping track of inventory
- Ordering and receiving food
- Inspecting food and prices in receiving area
- Adhering to budget
- Any other responsibilities as required
Education & Experience
- University/College Degree in the culinary field
- 5 years’ cooking experience
Skills & Abilities
The chef possesses good interpersonal skills, customer service experience, excellent time management & organizational skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team, ability to work under pressure, a high level of commitment and positive work ethic.
- University/College Diploma
- Food Handlers Certification
- Provincial Health and Safety Training
- Red Seal Certification
- First Aid and CPR training
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $26.00 /hour
- Chef: 1 year (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Preferred)