JOB DESCRIPTION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The role of the Administrative Assistant is to ensure efficient and timely operations of the office to support and enhance the work of the organization. The Administrative Assistant will work under the supervision of the Executive Director or the designated supervisors appointed by the Executive Director.
The Administrative Assistant will support and collaborate with the day to day operations of the Chamber and other staff or committees.
Duties and functions of the Administrative Assistant will include, but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
General administrative support in the office to maintain all functions and provide exceptional customer service. Communicating with Chamber members through email, mail and telephone, as well as networking with new and existing members, promote membership benefits and assist with the processing of membership applications and on boarding.
- Office support and general administrative duties (Phone, voicemail, fax, email, website, filing, ensuring the organization and office equipment is in good working order, preparation of mail outs including member correspondence or packages).
- Maintains a professional attitude at all times.
- Establish a personal rapport with potential members, existing members, board members, and both internal and external stakeholders through regular calls, emails and visits
- Strong knowledge of computer software and programs to maintain membership and correspondence.
- Process membership applications and/or payments and prepare membership packages for mail out or pick up
- Assists in promoting membership and member benefits
- Process POS payments with accurate reporting to Accounts Manager for processing
- Maintain accurate files of all necessary paperwork
- Provide and maintain an accurate and detailed membership database in the CRM (ChamberMaster)
- Maintain and update accurate reporting on all systems (membership and CRM)
- Procure office supplies as needed or requested
- Ensure projects and assignments are completed in a timely manner
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION
- Maintain and update Chamber website regularly upon proper training of ChamberMaster/Micronet
- Assisting with the development of weekly newsletters, membership, promotions and brochures as required. Posting to social media.
- Promote advertisement opportunities with the Chamber
- Attend and support Chamber Events, including those that may be outside of normal business hours as necessary to promote the Chamber
- Support and assist the Event’s Coordinator with onsite location set up, food and refreshment, registration lists, and preparation of general documents or materials needed for events
- Assisting with the development of programs, events, luncheons, dinners, and board functions as required or requested
- Maintain and record registration for events and guests name tags
- Work occasional non-traditional hours as required for preparation of events
- Attending meetings and seminars as well as meetings with local businesses requiring travel and use of personal vehicle (automobile allowance rates will apply).
- General upkeep of Chamber Office
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in office administration
- Excellent knowledge and proficient computer skills in all Microsoft Office programs, database management and electronic communication software
- Strong spoken and written communication and customer service skills
- Excellent ability to organize and maintain multiple tasks and prioritize duties
- Ability to work with a team under direction and/or self-manage
- CRM databases and website management experience is beneficial
Not Required but would be assets for the position:
- Quick Books experience and general accounting knowledge
- Experience in minute taking and reporting
- Sales disposition
- Full time position - occasional evenings and weekend events.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)