Meet Lowe’s Canada, a team of more than 28,000 employees who demonstrate their commitment every day by constantly seeking to satisfy their customers and by putting their heart into making a difference in the communities we serve.
Lowe’s Canada operates or services more than 600 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, Dick’s Lumber, and Ace Canada banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
What are you waiting for? Join a Canadian leader headquartered in Boucherville, Quebec, and be part of something bigger as we expand our horizon and discover a world of opportunities!
Under the direction of the Transportation Site Lead, LBM (Lumber Building Materials), this position is responsible for ensuring product is safely, appropriately and efficiently loaded and delivered to our stores. This position will work in collaboration with the operations team to keep the business flowing in a safe, efficient and timely manner. They also work with stores and vendors to resolve issues on a regular basis with a key focus on customer service, ensuring customer order requirements are met and delivered on time.
- Operate a tractor trailer truck combination with multi-axle (3-5) flat bed and/or Super B (B-Train) equipment on a daily basis.
- Verification and securing of cargo; including tarping as needed, strapping loads regularly.
- Prepare, receive and maintain accurate paperwork.
- Vehicle inspection and maintenance identification.
- Maintain driver logs of travel and cargo regulations as provincially and federally regulations.
- Timely deliveries to retail locations, on time performance above 95%
- Accurate completion of all paperwork including DOT log books
- Familiarity of Electronic Logging Devices (ELD)
- Ensure all routine safety checks are completed – lead by example and demonstrate safety standards at all times.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to create the best customer experience.
- Perform all other related tasks
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
### Exigences du poste
The qualifications we are looking for:
- Full, Valid AZ License required with minimum 2 years driving experience preferred
- Clean drivers abstract preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic understanding of safety procedures and requirements
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift 50 plus pounds on occasion.