We have an opening for a Branch Manager to join our team working from our branch office in Halifax, NS.
Reporting to the Director, the Branch Manager works closely with a team of insurance professionals to ensure sales staff are meeting production targets and branch operations are operating effectively.
- Manage day-to-day operations for the Branch.
- Ensure that quality and customer service standards are met daily at the branch level
- Maintain excellent relationships with Insurance company representatives both in underwriting and management
- Establish strategic goals for the branch by gathering pertinent business, financial, service and operational information and then identifying and evaluating trends and options
- Develop and recommend a course of action in order to grow business at the branch level
- Ability to meet financial objectives of the branch, including forecasting of branch requirements; preparation of annual budgets; analyzing variances; planning budgets, workflows and marketing strategies and managing loss ratios on business portfolios
- Works effectively with all internal departments (Human Resources, Operations, and Professional Development Group) to ensure high performance of employees and ongoing development and performance management of all employees
- Development of strong team environment by motivating staff, communicating clear expectations and developing a positive work environment
- Consistently monitor branch level results to ensure that sales staff are meeting production targets and branch receivables are in line with collection policy standards
- Assist in preparing and monitoring all branch level operating and expense budgets
Skills and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education
- Minimum of 5-8 years relevant work experience
- Strong people management skills
- Experience in Personal lines and Commercial lines
- Insurance Designation (CAIB, CIP, FCIP or AIIC, RIBO or AIC Level 2)
- Analytical reading and interpretation of numbers
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BrokerLink is committed to providing an accessible environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process
At BrokerLink, we know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. We know that helping our people achieve their career goals in a culture that offers growth and balance is what sets us apart. Our commitment to our employees is to offer workplace benefits that set the standard for them and their families. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, we provide competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit programs and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Our values help guide us and our commitment to excel in all aspects of our business. Joining our team means you’ll have the opportunity to live our values.
Discover more about BrokerLink! Visit our new dedicated **Webpage.
At BrokerLink, we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada upon hire. Proof of eligibility may be requested and may come in the form of a copy of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation.
Job Type: Full-time