Come join our school office team at St. Nicholas Catholic Elementary School and St. Bernadette's Catholic Elementary School! We are looking for someone to provide coverage during the lunch hour for 1 hour a day, Monday to Friday. Applicants can request to be considered for one or both positions to have the opportunity to work 2 hours a day at both sites if preferred.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing office support services during the lunch hour within a school setting in order to ensure a positive and safe environment for all students, staff and members of the public. Duties include, but are not limited to: maintaining the lunch hour workflow of the office, answering and/or directing enquiries as per board/school policy.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent
- Effective interpersonal skills in dealing with students, parents, Principals, Vice-Principals, Teachers, Board Office personnel and the general public
- Relevant secretarial experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability, experience and skill in working as a team member
- Familiarity with office equipment including; photocopier, facsimile, and multi-line phone system
- Demonstrated conflict identification and emergency response skills
- Good knowledge of school policies including, but not limited to: safe school procedures, confidentiality restrictions and privacy guidelines
- First Aid Certification would be an asset
Contract length: 8 months
Application deadline: 2021-10-29
Expected start date: 2021-11-18
Job Types: Temporary, Contract